In this marketing teardown we look at Chatra.io — a Cloud based solution designed to improve customer care. Features include dashboards, conversation history, and multi-browser support.
Here You Will Discover
- Chatra offers an own affiliate program with lifetime payouts.
- One of the best marketing copy we have ever seen.
We are in no way affiliated with the company. All information we gathered are freely available on the web and accessible for anyone. This is solely for educational purpose. We don’t make money as an affiliate with the analysed company.
Questions: email us at email@example.com
What is Chatra?
The story of Chatra
- Any form of online business with personal support
- Paying customers: large online businesses with own call centers/teams larger than 5 agents
- Great pricing for starters (less than 6 agents = free)
- Better functions and more beautiful
- Team chat function
What are people saying?
- Many Russian customers (read the Getwear story)
- A lot of reviews on their dedicated page “what customers say”
Overview: Marketing Channels
What is the one that’s working?
We had a look at Chatra.io’s marketing channels, here’s what’s working and not working for them.
Perfect signup process
Chatra.io makes the signup process very easy. Once you signup with your email, it will take you right away to your dashboard.
No-risk trial and free forever
If you have less than 5 agents, you can use it for free — forever!
No-risk provider switch
They make switching to their service very attractive because of their offer. Chatra.io will basically give you free subscription for the contract you’ve paid for your current service provider if you’re not happy with them.
They have beautiful help pages that contains everything you need to know from installation guide to analytics.
Tackling a crowded market
Their comparison page is on point. They showcase their features and what makes them different from other competitors.
They decided not to use social media. Great is: there aren’t even empty profiles. That’s consistent!
Not blogging often means an empty blog. Chatra is consistent: they don’t have one!
Their activation email is very personalized and makes sense. Personalized emails improve clickthrough rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%.
- 35% commission on everyone you invite (details)
- For lifetime
- Payout once you have accumulated at least $100 and have 3 or more active referrals on your account.
See Chatra.io’s affiliate program here.
Inside the partner program
Here’s a look at their custom affiliate partner program.
- Install it via apps.shopify.com/chatra
- Major source of traffic
The CEO on a podcast
Their CEO Yakov Karda has a podcast tellling his story and how they started.
The Getwear story
- Read about the Getwear failure
- “To make a long story short, in a year we launched with a custom-coded website costing more than $100,000 — that was in payments to the agency and not accounting for employee salaries or the living expenses of the founders.”
- “We wasted a lot of time and money on creating a beautiful product that nobody needed.”
- This could be hardest: a lot of competition
- Chatra does not even show up on page 4 of website chat widget.
- Maybe that was a good decision not to do SEO
- The founder has a compelling story
- Do more interviews like the first
- Improve sound quality
Write a blog
- There is a lot to learn in the conversion optimization corner
- Look at the Groove Blog — they give a great overview about the content people like to read
Try the niche blogger strategy and write guest blog posts like “the 10 best tools to improve trust in your website” and such.
Test out Chatra
- You can’t go wrong with this
- We are considering it already for our site and client pages
- Visit Chatra.io ← and use this link
(with our affiliate code. Let’s see what comes around :))