Let’s talk Android
Whether you’re new to programming or an experienced developer, I prepared a range of resources to teach you Android app development, from your first app to advanced topics.
📃Official Documentation from Google
- Android documentation: the main reference for Android developers. It contains details about platform, Android Studio, Google Play, Android Jetpack and documentation
- Google APIs for Android: a website about how to integrate Google APIs in an Android app
- Official Blog about Android development: official Android blog with the latest Android and Google Play news for app and game developers.
- Android Things: IoT on Android
- Material Design: from design guidelines to developer components
- Firebase documentation: docs about how to integrate Firebase in an Android app
🌐Blogs and Websites
- Android Authority: https://www.androidauthority.com/
- Android Central: https://www.androidcentral.com/
- Medium: tags + publications + people
- Ray Wenderlich: https://www.raywenderlich.com/
- Realm Academy: https://academy.realm.io/section/android/
- Mindorks Blog: https://blog.mindorks.com/
- AndroidPub: https://android.jlelse.eu/
- CommonsWare: https://commonsware.com/
- Hackernoon: https://hackernoon.com/
- My life with Android: http://hannesdorfmann.com/
- Novoda’s blog: https://blog.novoda.com/
- Android-er: http://android-er.blogspot.com/
- Vogella: https://www.vogella.com/tutorials/
- Big Nerd Ranch: https://www.bignerdranch.com/blog/categories/android/
- TechBeacon: https://techbeacon.com/
💻Code Examples (Codelabs & GitHub)
- Caster.io: hyper-focused development video training
- Udacity: is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, to build the lives they deserve
- SafariBooksOnline: awesome library of books and online courses :)
- Coursera: 100% online learning from the world’s best universities and companies
- Lynda: LinkedIn Learning combines 100% of Lynda.com’s courses with LinkedIn insights to give you personalized learning.
🎞️Videos & Youtube Channels
- Fragmented: an Android Developer Podcast hosted by Donn Felker and Kaushik Gopal
- Android Developers Backstage: ADB podcast is hosted by developers from the Android engineering team. This show covers topics of interest to Android programmers and proposes interviews with engineers on the Android team at Google.
- A Podcast on Kotlin and more: podcast hosted by Hadi Hariri
- Coding Blocks
🎤Conferences & Meetups
- Meetup: Meetups are local events that happen in timely basis (often monthly). Search for Google Developers Group(GDG) commmunities.
- Google IO: The Google annual developers’ conference is heavily Android based.
- Droidcon: the biggest Android conference organizer which has presence in a lot of countries and counting. Just to mention some of my favorites I’ll mention Droidcon London, Droidcon Berlin, Droidcon NYC , Droidcon Italy or Droidcon San Francisco.
- Chicago Roboto
- Kotlin Conf
- GOTO Conferences: created for developers, by developers, GOTO Conferences are focused on bringing the best minds in the software community and the most interesting topics to light.
A link with useful information about conferences: Android Conferences
Google and Stack Overflow are the most useful websites to find a solution to our coding issues.
Enjoy! Happy learning! 😊