Ok, so this my first blog so just to tell a little about myself, I’m CHRISTIAN, I love to bake, I’m a homeschooler, and I love animals.

I don’t quite know what to write about so I’ll start by telling my testimony.

I grew up in a Christian family, went to church every Sunday and did everything the church did. When I was five months old my dad was deployed to Iraq after 9/11 and again when I was five years old. When I was five I really didn’t understand what was going on, all I knew was that daddy was going away for a little while and he’ll be back soon. It didn’t really sink in that I won’t be able to see my dad until a year and a half later until I saw him packing to leave for training. That’s the night I was SAVED.

I went to my mom and said, “I’m ready.” and my mom responded, “Ready for what baby?” I said, “I’m ready to be saved, I want to go to heaven when I die to see Mamaw Karen and plus if I’m saved it’ll help Daddy to be safe while he’s gone.” She started to tear up and said, “Ok, if you’re ready.”

We prayed and I asked God to come into my heart, and be my lord and savior.

I felt so much better. I felt that the devil couldn’t mess with me anymore cause I have God in me now.

We went to sleep and woke really early the next morning to say our goodbyes. And even though my dad was just going to training, I could only see him once a month for two months, which seemed like a year, sometimes more but that was rare.

I remember one day while we were all on base talking and laughing, my dad went into the bunks and got stuff for my sister and I. My sister got a couple of targets to practice shooting, and I got a little military uniform so I could Match my daddy. I loved it!

The next time we went to go see him was the day he was leaving. That’s when it really sat in that Daddy was really going, was really going to be gone for a year and a half, and That I would barely get to talk to him and I wouldn’t be able to see him that’s when the worrying really started.

I watched the men pack up, put their bags in the bus, and hug and hold their families goodbye.

I remember it like it was yesterday, my dad was hugging my mom, and my sister; telling them goodbye and telling us to be brave. When he came to me I was trying to be brave not to cry. He bent down and got on his knees and said.

“Baby girl, Daddy has to go away for a little while, and I’ll be back soon, ok!” I looked him in his eyes and said, “Yes, sir, Daddy.” He told me to be brave and help mama, and to be sweet to my sister. I said, “I will daddy, just look at the moon every night and I’ll look at it too then that way we can be connected.” He hugged me and said, “Goodbye.” I said,“ No,Daddy I’m not saying goodbye, I’m saying see ya later alligator.” he laughed and said, “See ya later alligator,” and hugged me. We got in a group hug, prayed for my dads protection while he was away.

He walk away and all I wanted to do was run and give him one last hug because at this point you never know if your loved one will come back or not.

By the time my dad was on the bus and leaving that’s when I finally broke down and burst into tears. I absolutely did not want my dad to see me cry.I wanted him to remember me smiling;not crying. My mom held me in her arms and I cried for a while until I had no more tears.

By the time my dad had been over there for a couple of months, he was on leave and was able to come home. The only thing is, I didn’t know that. I always told my mom that it would be cool to be surprised in church. I didn’t know that my dad was on leave. It was Sunday and we were at church, listening to the preacher preach. I turned around, and looked at somebody and he kept looking to the door. I didn’t look at the door until a little bit later.

So out of suspense I looked, and there he was MY DADDY I couldn’t have been more happier.

I jumped up ran to into his arms and said, “DADDY!”

That’s the day my heart was filled, I knew that my dad was ok and home. I thought he was home for good and that they cut his tour short.

I asked him and he said. “No, Baby, Daddy has to go back.”

By the time he was back for good it was absolutely the happiest day of my life.

We were waiting and waiting and waiting and then we see the buses. The doors opened and I ran as fast as I could go! I couldn’t help myself I was ready to see my daddy. I jump into the bus and the driver kept telling me to get down off the bus, but I wasn’t leaving until I saw my dad; to make sure he was ok. I finally saw him stand up and I yelled,“DADDY!” He saw me and said, “Hey, Baby girl!” We both smiled real big and when I saw him one of soldiers picked me up and took me off the bus and I couldn’t get back on.

My dad stepped off and I hugged him. He got on his knees hugged me and picked me up. We had a family hug, a huge big one. He and the rest of soldiers had to go somewhere so we couldn’t see them. It seemed to be forever.

After that I really learned how special family.

So that’s my testimony.

A single golf clap? Or a long standing ovation?

By clapping more or less, you can signal to us which stories really stand out.