5 Questions/5 Minutes with…
Carpenters Nursery and Farm Shop, who have been providing local seasonal produce since 1923
- Tell us something we might not know about Carpenters Nursery
We have been an established family business for 94 years, with the 4th Generation now in charge. We are the only farm shop in Hertfordshire that grows the majority of it’s own seasonal produce.
2. How do you find all the great local brands and products you stock in the Farm Shop?
A lot of research, farmers markets and word of mouth. Due to the fact we are an established well known outlet for local small producers, people come to us.
3. Anyone new you’ve got your eye on?
I’m looking to stock Eat Whole Foods, their spices/nuts and herbs. They have a market stall in St. Albans on Wednesday & Saturday.
4. What do you love about your local area?
We love the local community feel to it, even though it is a city. Friendly atmosphere, surrounded by beautiful countryside but also having London on your doorstep it’s the best of both worlds!
5. Are there any other local businesses you think are doing a great job and want give a shout out?
I am Cocoa, delicious chocolate!! — Go Jackie! — We sell it here and everyone loves it, especially the Rose & Pistachio bars. YUMMY!
Carpenters Nursery and Farm Shop is a must visit, especially for anyone interested in eating local produce and supporting local business. Find them at 106 St Albans Road, Sandridge, St Albans, AL4 9LJ and http://carpentersnursery.co.uk