6 Companies that base their product strategy on customer feedback
Do you work in product or have your own company?
A new trend is emerging in product strategy, that is giving much more voice and power to the customers of these companies.
This not only make those products become useful and loved, but also make customers become fans of those companies.
Keep reading to find 6 companies that are applying customer research in product strategy.
They decide what to produce based on polls they do in instagram and based on what their network of influencers say.
Monzo has a history of building trust through caring a lot about their community.
- A public roadmap, where they share what is coming and gather feedback before it happens.
- They have a site in their forum where customers can share their ideas and upvote the ones they like the most.
- They hold meetups to catch up with the community in different locations.
- They raised money through crowdfunding, even if they could have raised money through investors. This made users be more engaged and willing to share ideas.
Another example of amazing customer focus in a company is landbot.io
Appart from the public roadmap, they also:
- Hold webinars for a targeted audience — e.g: Marketers. These webinars are meant to be educative, but by doing this they end up discovering what worries the customer the most.
- A private facebook group where they hold conversations with most engaged customers.
This Fintech startup for investing shares some customer focused mindset operations for building the product.
- Hold a community where users are able to submit their ideas
- Have Q&A’s with the CEO
They create travel guides depending on recommendations people give them in instagram.
Users can upvote on the ideas they like the most, and product managers can very quickly see which ideas are most voted by the community.
Do you know about any other company that is taking that approach to build their product strategy? Please leave it in the comments.
Who am I?
你好! I am Marc Molins and I am a Product Manager at Maker Studio — the innovation laboratory — at Skyscanner and former PM at Rocket Internet.
I am passionate about understanding people’s needs and thinking about creative ways to 100x products.
In my free time I like to learn languages, play beach volleyball and work on new projects with friends.
More articles about Product / Growth: