How to Remove DriverEasy Completely
What Is DriverEasy
DriverEasy is a very popular tool used to update drivers. It scans your computer hardware, tells you what drivers are missing or outdated, then let’s you update them, in one go. Supported by over 3,000,000 Driver Database with Daily Driver Updates, it keeps all drivers in your computer up-to-date so that it is able to maximize PC performance, avoid system crashes and extend your PC’s hardware life and boost the performance.
With the friendly user interface, Driver Easy is quite easy to use that you can completely download all latest device drivers within a few clicks. It allows you easy to back up every driver installed in your pc and restore it whenever you want. Furthermore, if you encounter the old and new driver incompatible, DriverEasy can let you easily uninstall any driver that you do not need. With a few seconds you can clear up your system and keep the specified driver working quite well.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
The steps to uninstall the drivers may vary depending on different systems. If you do not want to keep DriverEasy on your computer and want to uninstall it, you can uninstall it in Control Panel. Users may also encounter technical error when using this software like update error, so they want to uninstall it and then reinstall later, or users don’t have enough space on the disk and want to uninstall DriverEasy to get more space for use. If you can’t find effective solution to help you remove DriverEasy from your computer, you may refer to the instruction in this post to uninstall this program safely and completely. You can either uninstall the browser manually or use automatic uninstaller to do it efficiently.
To remove this application completely, you may follow the uninstall instructions below in steps:
How to Uninstall DriverEasy Manually
Step 1 Verify DriverEasy is not running.
You can easily press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to run the task manager. And then click the “End Process” option to terminate the program if it is running.
Step 2 Uninstall the program from your system
For Users of Windows XP:
1. Close all programs on your computer.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of currently installed applications, find and select DriverEasy and click “Uninstall”.
5. Confirm that you want to uninstall the program by clicking on “Remove”.
6. Click Start and type Regedit in the Search box. Then click the icon of Regedit.exe.
7. Find leftover folders related to the program and delete them.
8. Now, DriverEasy has been already uninstalled from your PC.
For Users of Windows 7:
1. Click Start and choose Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs and Features and Uninstall a program.
3. In the list of installed programs find DriverEasy.
4. Click Uninstall button.
5. Go to Run, type Regedit and click OK which will open the Registry Editor Window (You should have the Admin Rights to make the changes in Registry).
6. Locate the registry folder of Maxthon and delete it.
7. Restart the computer and the program should be removed.
For Users of Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start Menu and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program to go into the program list.
3. Find the application in the list, double-click it or right-click it and click Uninstall.
4. Click Start and type Regedit in the Search box. Then click the icon of Regedit.exe.
5. Find leftover folders related to the program and delete them.
6. Now, DriverEasy has been already uninstalled from your PC.
For Users of Windows 10:
1. Click the search box and type key letters of Control Panel. Then click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program.
3. Find the target program in the programs list.
4. Right-click the target program and click Uninstall.
5. Type “Regedit.exe” in the search box on the taskbar. And then click it.
6. Select the related leftovers and right-click them and delete.
Step 3 Restore Your Homepage
1. Click the menu button and choose Options.
2. Select the General panel.
3. In the Startup box under Home Page: click Restore to Default.
4. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
1. Open Chrome.
2. In the top-right corner, click the icon you see: Menu or More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under “Appearance,” check the box Show Home button.
5. Below “Show Home button,” click Change to choose your homepage.
1. Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select Internet options.
2. On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. You can add more than one URL, or add the site you’re currently viewing by selecting Use current. If you add more than one URL, put each URL on its own line.
3. Select Apply, and then select OK. The next time you open a new browsing session or window (or select the Home button), your home pages will be loaded automatically.
How to Uninstall DriverEasy Automatically
A helpful uninstall tool will help you to get rid of unwanted software without leaving any trace, scan all related programs and also scan all the related parts in the registry files. All parts with connection to this software would be removed from the system thoroughly without leaving any traces.
It is highly recommended that you use professional uninstall tool to uninstall DriverEasy from your system easily if you don’t know much about the computer or you want to save your time. Now, you can download an uninstaller from a reliable website to get rid of the unwanted program easily.