Steam Uninstall Guide
What Is Steam?
Steam is the most popular way to buy, download and games on your PC or laptop. It is a digital distribution service where content is distributed via the internet to consumers. On January 3 more than 12.3 million people logged into the service at the same time and Steam set new concurrent user record. Steam is very simple and easy to use, making it a very attractive option for all the lazy people among us.
Steam automatically handles game downloads and installation, putting local game files in its “steamapps” folder and getting them organized in the background. Its built-in library management means that you can see and start all your games in a single list, which you can classify and customize to your heart’s content.
One of the best features on Steam is the multiplayer mode. If you and one of your friends want to play a game together then all you need to do is ensure that the game in question has a multiplayer mode (check the listing in the Store description) and that you both have a full copy of the game installed on your computers.
If you are using a computer running with Windows OS, you can uninstall it in Control Panel on Windows PC. However, users may encounter unexpected technical error when using this software like update error, so they want to uninstall it and then reinstall later, or users don’t have enough space on the disk and want to uninstall Steam to get more space for use. It is easy to uninstall this program if you intend to do so. If you can’t find effective solution to help you remove Steam from your computer, you may refer to the instruction in this post to uninstall this program safely and completely. You can either uninstall the program manually or use automatic uninstaller to do it efficiently.
To remove this application completely, you may follow the uninstall instructions below in steps:
How to Uninstall Steam Step-by Step
Step 1 End Steam Process.
You can easily press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to run the task manager. And then click the “End Process” option to terminate the program if it is running.
Step 2 Uninstall the program from your system
For Users of Windows XP:
1. Close all programs on your computer.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of currently installed applications, find and select Steam and click “Uninstall”.
5. Confirm that you want to uninstall the program by clicking on “Remove”.
6. Click Start and type Regedit in the Search box. Then click the icon of Regedit.exe.
7. Find leftover folders related to the program and delete them.
8. Now, Steam has been already uninstalled from your PC.
For Users of Windows 7:
1. Click Start and choose Control Panel.
2. Choose Programs and Features and Uninstall a program.
3. In the list of installed programs find Steam.
4. Click Uninstall button.
5. Go to Run, type Regedit and click OK which will open the Registry Editor Window (You should have the Admin Rights to make the changes in Registry).
6. Locate the registry folder of Maxthon and delete it.
7. Restart the computer and the program should be removed.
For Users of Windows 8:
1. Right-click Start Menu and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program to go into the program list.
3. Find the application in the list, double-click it or right-click it and click Uninstall.
4. Click Start and type Regedit in the Search box. Then click the icon of Regedit.exe.
5. Find leftover folders related to the program and delete them.
6. Now, Steam has been already uninstalled from your PC.
For Users of Windows 10:
1. Click the search box and type key letters of Control Panel. Then click Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program.
3. Find the target program in the programs list.
4. Right-click the target program and click Uninstall.
5. Type “Regedit.exe” in the search box on the taskbar. And then click it.
6. Select the related leftovers and right-click them and delete.
Step 3 Restore Your Homepage
1. Click the menu button and choose Options.
2. Select the General panel.
3. In the Startup box under Home Page: click Restore to Default.
4. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
1. Open Chrome.
2. In the top-right corner, click the icon you see: Menu or More.
3. Select Settings.
4. Under “Appearance,” check the box Show Home button.
5. Below “Show Home button,” click Change to choose your homepage.
1. Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select Internet options.
2. On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. You can add more than one URL, or add the site you’re currently viewing by selecting Use current. If you add more than one URL, put each URL on its own line.
3. Select Apply, and then select OK. The next time you open a new browsing session or window (or select the Home button), your home pages will be loaded automatically.
How to Uninstall Steam Automatically
A helpful uninstall tool will help you to get rid of unwanted software without leaving any trace, scan all related programs and also scan all the related parts in the registry files. All parts with connection to this software would be removed from the system thoroughly without leaving any traces.
It is highly recommended that you use professional uninstall tool to uninstall Steam from your system easily if you don’t know much about the computer or you want to save your time. Now, you can download an uninstaller from a reliable website to get rid of the unwanted program easily.