Communication & Stereotypes
Human communication and Media affects us a lot when we stereotype things, and media plays a huge part of it.
The positive contact experiences in the past will leads you to a positive stereotypes and the negative contact experiences will lead you to a negative stereotypes. However, lamping everybody together is not good because not everybody falls into a same place.
From the presentation “Conflict management style.”
- The lose-win strategy
- Full cooperation from one side
- Good for situations with low expertise
- Maintains positive regard
- Simply avoiding the issue
- It takes both a low concern for self and low concern for others
- Does not look for compromise
- This strategy may be effective when the conflict is over something rather trivial
- Widely considered to be non-effective
- A win-lose strategy
- High concern for self, and low concern for others
- Appropriate when quick, and decisive action is necessary
- Low level of cooperation
- Lose lose situation
- A way of reaching an agreement in which each person or group gives up something tat was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute.
- The true win-win scenario
- Equal cooperation