What is RescueTime?
RescueTime (http://rescuetime.com) is a tool that analyzes the apps and webpages you spending your time in.
It brings awareness of the quality of the time you spend in front of a screen.
RescueTime consists of an app that monitors the windows you use while working and a plugin for browsers that tracks the webpages you use. More information about it can be founds in this article: http://lifehacker.com/5839691/how-to-reclaim-your-time-in-seven-days-with-rescuetime
Why do I use it?
First of all, I’m just curious about my patterns of using time: what days are better, what days are worse, that time of the day is the most productive. Also I want to know what apps and webpages eat too much time, etc.
Also, awareness by itself helps to reduce the number of distractions from the job. If you know that somebody looks after you, you automatically start to work better. (even if this “somebody” is you).
How to use it in Opera?
Unfortunately the plugin for the browser doesn’t work out of the box in Opera. Some additional steps required to make it work.
1. Install Opera extension to install Chrome plugins https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en
2 Download RescueTime plugin from the Chrome Web Store.
3 Go to opera://extensions url, find RescueTime for Chrome and enable it.
4. Sign in, using the same email that you use for your account
5. Uncheck the box “I’m already using the full RescueTime application on this computer.”
6. Go to https://www.rescuetime.com/browse/activity/by/rank and find ‘Opera’
7. Click the edit icon next to the browser and then choose “delete > delete and ignore forever”.
Enjoy painless time-tracking and have a productive day!