Chest Workout for Beginners: Personal Recommendation
Rules to be Followed
- 5 alternate exercises per day is sufficient for muscle growth.
- Initially, a Trainer’s guidance is recommended.
- Do 4 sets of 20–25 repetitions each for first 3 months, shift to 5 sets of 15–20 repetitions each for next 9 months. Gradually, shift to 3 sets of 10–12 repetitions each.
- Initially the rep range is for building stamina, once stamina is reached, rep range can be varied to strength zone.
- While doing heavy bench press, generally the last set, a spotter is recommended.
- Always make sure to go for failure in your last set, half rep can also be applied for complete burn-out (maintaining the correct posture).
- Negatives are more important than positive motion of the exercise.
- Machine workout(including cable)is mostly better than free weight exercise.
- Always maintain correct posture while workout(search on Youtube for correct posture) to get the most pump and avoiding injuries.
- Always do warmup exercise(pushups, arm rotation, shoulder rotation, parallel chest dips, pull-ups) before workout.
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
- Flat Bench Barbell Press
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Fly
- Flat Bench Cable Fly
- Inclined Bench Dumbbell Press
- Inclined Bench Barbell Press
- Inclined Bench Dumbbell Fly
- Inclined Bench Cable Fly
- Declined Bench Dumbbell Press
- Declined Bench Barbell Press
- Declined Bench Dumbbell Fly
- Declined Bench Cable Fly