Better Bite: Charity
This week we have one of our shorter ‘Better Bite’ episodes. We focus on why and how to give to charity. We discuss how to make a giving plan that can maximize the impact of your donations while allowing you to express your personal values and support your passions.
Insert episode player here
Here are some highlights from this episode:
- Why your charitable giving can have a big impact, even if you don’t have much to give.
- How and why to make a ‘giving strategy’.
- The best ways to discover and evaluate charities.
- Tactics on how to give most effectively — balancing impact & your personal passions.
- and lots more!
We look forward to hearing about your experiences and wisdom on this topic so drop us a note on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter and share your story with others in The Better Show community. Or you can email us at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- 01:30 — Our listener Jakub wants to know how to make the most of his charitable giving
- 05:10 — Can I make an impact? What are my few dollars going to do?
- 07:30 — How we could eliminate extreme poverty by the middle of the century.
- 11:50 — Charity is about expressing your personal values.
- 12:37 — The guys try the ‘How rich am I?’ wealth calculator
- 18:00 — Where do you craft a charity strategy?
- 20:00 — What is effective altruism?
- 30:00 — How to evaluate charities?
- 33:50 — The guys discuss the pros & cons of volunteering
- 38:30 — How to make a charity plan for this year.
- 💰 How Rich Am I?
- 📖 The Life You Can Save: How to Do Your Part to End World Poverty by Peter Singer