Shine – Track by Track Review
- Man Wale really makes that “sit back and relax while smoking a cigar and sipping Ciroc” music. I can smell the pear just listening to this.
- Every time Lil Wayne jumps on a track it reminds me how washed he is today, but circa 2007–2009 he was on another level entirely.
- Wale is that guy that name drops everybody but nobody ever name drops him.
- Wale ft. Major Lazer are u fucking kidding me?! Wtf is this?? 2017?! Low key it might be a banger though.
- Nah. Nope. No. Naw.
- Rapping about Foams in 2017 is something only a DMV rapper can fathom.
- This sounds like 5PM after you’ve been drinking sangria in the sun since 10AM. You feel me?
- I listened to this track 6 times and found nothing to say. That says plenty.
- Death, taxes, and Travis Scott sounding exactly like every other Travis Scott song.
- Wale got washed on his own track by a Nigerian MC…
- Automatic skip of any track ft Chris Brown. Fuck that dude.
- Who let this track get released?!
- Compared to the last few tracks this sounds like the greatest song of the decade.
I thought this was going to be a low-key banger after the first track. Man was I disappointed. 3.4/10