Marcs Wilkinson — Resume
Triple-Bottom-Liner, Product Designer
I’m focused on 3 ideas.
- Aligning — Bringing together a team around shared goals, and actively trying to make sure everyone in my communities ideas and inputs thrive.
- Usability —Design with an understanding of the end-users is baked in to create things people can use and want to use. Elegant solutions that meet needs.
- Curiosity — Diving into the unknown to find answers, and asking more questions. I think this is a key to turning new ideas and goals into clear, tangible products with clearer value. Can we do better?
Associate Product Manager — sema
August 2018 — Present | Halifax, NS
Venture for Canada 2018 Fellow
December 2017 — Present | Nova Scotia
With the mission of fostering entrepreneurship, Venture for Canada recruits, trains and supports recent graduates to work at Canadian startups in need of talent.
Research Assistant — MENRVA Lab at SFU/MoVIT Technologies Inc.
August 2017 — May 2018 | Burnaby BC
Design/develop/prototype using new technology in consumer wearables, Create/edit grant & pitch decks, Test & optimize user-centered solutions, Assessing new commercial applications from research to start-up.
Studio Assistant — Sholto Design Studio
Summer 2016 | Vancouver BC
Preparing drawings & communicating with vendors for production quotes, Setting up an effective cloud-based solution for file management, Workshop organization and assistance, Cleaning, errands, opinions, delivery.
Research Assistant — Design + Food Atelier at KPU
May 2016 — February 2017 | Richmond BC
Project management using Basecamp, Exploring sustainable food systems, Layout publication using InDesign, Creating visual elements with Illustrator for publication, web, pitch decks, Curate and schedule social media.
Overseeing project management using Basecamp, Researching and exploring new concepts to address challenges in current food systems
Bachelor of Design — Product Design
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Wilson School of Design, Richmond BC — 2017
Exchange Semester — Industrial Design
University of Applied Sciences of NW Switzerland (FHNW), hfGK, Basel CH — Spring 2015
Business Administration Diploma — General Management
Camosun College, School of Business, Victoria BC — 2010
DelftX Circular Economy: an Intro
edX.org Verified Certificate
TCPS 2: CORE
Ethical Conduct for Research
- Applying design thinking strategies to frame and overcome challenges
- Leveraging resources for testable mock-ups and decisive prototypes
- Outlining deliverables and milestones with stakeholders
- Critical concept development in real world scenarios
- Informed creative solutions backed by research and testing
- Using empathy to uncover opportunities
- Refocusing big picture outlooks into smaller attainable objectives
- Defining aspirational targets tied to organizational vision
- Exploring commercial application of new technology
- Staying current with news, applied tech, trends & attitudes
InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, XD
Fusion360, SolidWorks, Rhino, Rendering
Basecamp, Google Suite, Trello, Nuclino
Sewing, Pattern Drafting, Iterative Prototyping, 3D Printing, Woodworking