Banana Protein Muffins
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland.
I’m an advocate for living the healthiest, most active life that I possibly can.
But, sometimes I have to admit that eating healthy can get a bit repetitive.
Fruit. Veggies. Lean chicken.
That’s why I decided to experiment in the kitchen to make a snack that was nutritious, low-calorie and packs a protein punch.
I came up with Banana Protein Muffins. A simple, delicious snack alternative.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 medium ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 tbsp. Natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c oatmeal
- 1 scoop protein (vanilla or peanut butter)
- 1/2 c egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take out muffin tins and spray generously with non-stick spray
- Once the above ingredients are mixed thoroughly, grab a spoon and begin spooning the mixture into each muffin mold. For this recipe I was able to make 12 smaller cupcakes.
- Once the muffin tins are filled, place in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
Once the 12 minutes has elapsed, remove from oven and let cool.
At only 70 calories, these muffins are perfect for a pre-workout snack or even as a healthier dessert choice! Or, whenever!
Pair it with a piece of fruit or with a tablespoon of peanut butter for added protein. The opportunities are endless.
If you like them, experiment with the add-ins! Next time I make this recipe I’m thinking about adding some chopped walnuts or dark chocolate chips!
What would you add? Leave me a comment!