5 WAYS TO INCREASE WEBSITE PAGE SPEED
“Slow and steady wins the race!” Remember this saying and also the story of “Hare and Turtle”. Well, the saying and fable is an absolute motivator for us the human souls but definitely a turn-off for websites and their owners!
TAKE CUE FROM THE SPEED MASTER — BOLT AND HEFNER
Speed has always been a definition of “performance” — ask Bolt — speed made the man or even Hefner for that matter. Speed is the Holy Grail of websites. Faster the better. And the reason for it is in manifold.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A FASTER LOADING WEBSITE
- The world is no longer an enormous space. Thanks to science and technology — it’s getting smaller and smaller with each passing day — we’re oh, so super connected with people from around the world today that it really is nothing less than an act of sorcery!
- 21st century consumers act on the go. Like I said above, technology and science has made the world a super connective place. With mobile and fast-speed Internet connection — finding and browsing information is easy and instant. 67% online shoppers are from the US.
- That’s like 67% of your potential customers — 67% chances of making a sale. And they’re making purchases, browsing products, services and being interested on the go — while travelling, eating, dancing or even simply walking their dogs — your target audience is browsing their smartphones to make their next purchase. And if your site is super easy to navigate, and has fast loading speed — 41% will definitely make their way to the checkout page!
- 21st century consumers are all for customer experience. Give them slak and they’ll give you none back. So, having a website that not only loads faster but also offers value to the audience — will make up for the best user-experience.
WHAT’S SLOWING DOWN YOUR WEBSITE?
Okay, life sucks — I hear you. But your customers will not even give a rat’s ass about your personal life. Get your act together and find out what is causing your website to perform so badly. Imagine not being able to open Netflix — sucks huh? Your users will feel the same if they come across your — over-the-cliff-hanging website.
Let me help you. Here are top factors that are causing your website to load slowly and perform horribly:
- Images in your website are of huge size and completely irrelevant format. They are taking up your load time and your user’s patience. Resize them immediately. Compress them. Choose CSS effects and vector formats for your icons, logos and other elements. Need help, buzz these guys.
- Outdated CMS. You know, in this day and age — nothing remains constant. Same goes for your CMS — whether it is Drupal, WordPress or Joomla. Whenever you get an update notification — start acting on it. Update your content manage system to its newer version. It will help iron out speed and performance issues of your site.
- Unoptimised code. Programming languages combine with databases to build software — programming languages include PHP, ASP, Python, Perl — Databases include MicroSoft SQL, MySQL, and others — and common Software includes Drupal, Magento and WordPress. You need to customize the code via the analysis of database queries and codes. Take help of your developer, if you’re unable to do so. S/he will add indexes, rewrite queries, modify structure etc. and fix the issue.
- Server load. A server problem causes sites to load slowly — especially if you have a DV server. Fine-tune MySQL performance, troubleshoot server memory protocols or reboot your server.
And if you need help to analyze, fine-tune or fix your website performance and speed, then get in touch with our in-house experts at Quadrant Technology.