Common Writing Problems to Avoid
When writing it is important to avoid certain mistakes which can frustrate readers. frustrated readers are not happy readers. Five common mistakes to avoid are:
- Generalizing- be conscious of all, none, every, always.
- Always use the correct verbs- Accept or Except?
- Don’t Stereotype- not all scientist are male and not all nurses are female.
- Avoid nonexistent words — Irregardless? although common, it’s not real.
- Always Proofread and spellcheck your work.
When these five simple problems are avoided a text becomes simple to understand. A writer’s goal is to create reader friendly texts which anyone can enjoy.