Leadership

How do you define leadership?

Do you adhere to the belief that leaders are born leaders? Sorry, I don’t believe in that, but so many do.

I find leadership a mix of listening and talking. The emphasis is on listening, though. Most leaders say that listening is 90% of being a great leader. The other 10% made up of talking is perfect if you used the other 90% effectively.

Now I can’t document this fact in writing because I haven’t seen it in an article anywhere. How I know these numbers is from listening to leaders of Countries and Corporations give talks to other industry professionals.

When it comes to leader, though I will admit my admiration goes a long way for this President of the United States.

John F. Kennedy was a leader. A world leader with great listening skills. When he spoke, he spoke from his heart after listening to the voices of the peoples of the world.

Here is a quote on leadership that shows he knew what he was talking about.

Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
John F. Kennedy

What are you feelings about this quote and leadership? What qualities make a great leader?

If you enjoyed this post and this entire series please recommend it to others by clicking that little heart on the left side. I would greatly appreciate it.

Like what you read? Give mark-john clifford a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.