ClickFunnels has a mind-boggling number of features. A collection of features never seen before. You can call it many things, just don’t call it a “landing page builder.” It’s so much more.
What is ClickFunnels?
Fundamentally, ClickFunnels is a sales funnel software. Sales funnels are a sequence of webpages designed to lead customers towards a certain goal, or conversion. If the goal is a new sale, a simple funnel could be Sales Page > Order Page > Thank You Page.
Other ClickFunnels conversion optimization features include A/B testing, cart integration, drip campaigns and more.
Don’t worry…MarTech Wiz has you covered! Our ClickFunnels review will cover the entire tool right on this page.
Note: this ranking is versus landing page tools based on our landing page tool project so it only considers landing page functionality
ClickFunnels Features: What does ClickFunnels do?
More like what doesn’t ClickFunnels do? It has a practically overwhelming number of features.
Here are the main features of ClickFunnels’ standard offering:
- Sales funnels
- Landing pages: no reason you can’t build out a single squeeze page
- A/B testing: randomly display multiple versions of a page to different visitors and pick the best performer
- Cart: integrate payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal right into your sales funnel order page
- Upsells and downsells: offer a related item when checking out (upsell) followed by a lower-priced item (downsell)
- Membership content: require an email or account set-up to access gated content
- Drip campaigns: send timed email sequences out to contacts
- Drag and Drop Editor: build and edit all pages within the fully customizable editor
- Webinars: broadcast either recorded or live webinars
The $297/month enterprise plan comes with Actionetics and Backpack which have many additional features as described below
The Actionetics upgrade provides a unique set of offerings and tools to improve customer information and smarter analytics. The Backpack upgrade adds an affiliate management system. Our MarTech Wiz Clickfunnels review goes into both of these tools in detail below.
ClickFunnels is an integrated solution that can provides the basic functionality of several other tools in one. While this can reduce disparate systems and costs, it may sacrifice power and functionality.
How does ClickFunnels work?
1. Choose which type of funnel you want to build
Is your conversion goal a larger email list, more product sales, webinar registrants or something else?
ClickFunnels has templates specifically to capture emails, sales and webinar registrants. Clickfunnels template library is smaller but growing.
Here is a diagram of a webinar funnel consisting of three pages:
Diagram of Funnel — ClickFunnels Review
Funnel Goal Options — ClickFunnels Review
2. Set-up the sequence of your funnel pages
This is where you determine what pages make up your funnel. You can build a funnel using either:
1) a pre-built funnel with polished page templates
2) a custom funnel starting from scratch, or
3) customizing a pre-built funnel (most common). ClickFunnels’ editor is fully customizable.
So if you started with a product sales funnel, for example, you could add a page with an upsell or a page with a sales video.
This is the funnel set-up screen from the back-end for a sales funnel:
ClickFunnels Funnel Example — ClickFunnels Review
3. Design pages in drag and drop editor
Use the intuitive drag and drop editor to customize the pages of your funnel as much or as little as desired.
In the editor you can move elements, change colors, add pictures, insert videos, style copy and much more.
Here is a screenshot of the editor:
ClickFunnels Editor — ClickFunnels Review
4. Optionally test some extras features
Want to bump up your conversion? Elements like drip campaigns, membership-gated content or downsells/upsells may help. Try them out!
Next in our Clickfunnels review, we cover publishing.
5. Publish your funnel online
You have four main publishing options:
- Publish on ClickFunnels
- The easiest option but pages will have ‘username.clickfunnels.com’ as the url
- WordPress plugin
- Another easy option and page urls will not have clickfunnels in them
- However, you will not be able to use Order pages, OTO (one-time-offer) pages or Membership Areas with the WordPress plugin
- Host on a custom domain or sub domain using ClickFunnel’s partnership with Cloudflare, a hosting provider.
- Add to Facebook as a page
A screenshot of the WordPress Plugin:
6. Iterate and improve
Continue to optimize your funnel to increase conversion. Take advantage of ClickFunnels’ A/B testing and conversion analytics.
What do users typically say about ClickFunnels?
Through the intuitive drag and drop editor I can easily create powerful funnel pages saving time and money
ClickFunnels is customizable and flexible
Lots of integrations, it plays well with others
I love the ability to copy whole funnels so I can easily tweak to create a second funnel
No other product focuses specifically on funnels as much as ClickFunnels
No designers or developers are needed to build attractive pages quickly
Support has been good and knowledge base video library is vast
It’s a bit pricey at $97 per month (and $297 with Actionetics and Backpack)
Extra features like A/B testing and automated webinars are nice but don’t always have advance functionality
I don’t like that the standard plan limits visitors
ClickFunnels Pricing and Plans: How much does ClickFunnels Cost?
The standard ClickFunnels pricing plan is $97/month (20K visitors limit)
ClickFunnels pricing for the upgraded suite including Actionetics and Backpack is $297/month (unlimited visitors)
ClickFunnels has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ClickFunnels Pricing- ClickFunnels Review
ClickFunnels often has deep discounts on annual subscriptions which are not listed on public pricing page. You may see these as an upsell and, if not, you can always ask!
Does ClickFunnels have a free trial and/or totally free plan?
- Free trial: 14-day free trial (link to free trial)
- Free plan: No
- Credit Card required for free trial: Yes
ClickFunnels integrations include several email, payment, webinar tools (and more):
- Constant Contact
- GVO Pure Leverage
- Webinar Jam Studio
Integrations — ClickFunnels Review
Connection with Zapier allows automation with over 500 other web apps!
What is Actionetics?
Actionetics includes a native email autoresponder with some very smart features. It is part of the premium $297 plan along with Backpack below.
Smart Lists can segment contacts on what actions they took in your funnels, how socially connected they are, what they bought and more.
Actionetics scores to each contact based on these factors to estimate their potential value to you.
The email editor uses the same drag and drop UI that users find intuitive in the page editor.
Action Funnels build smart funnels with powerful options. You can set up text messages, follow up appointments as well as the ability to add contacts to a different list based on their actions.
What is Backpack?
Backpack is an affiliate management tool that comes in the enterprise plan.
Backpack helps you start an affiliate program or improve the management of your current program.
Backpack keeps track of clicks and sales from affiliates. It also calculates the amount to pay affiliate referral partners.
ClickFunnels Ranking and Score Details
Market share (est. %)
Drop Off (est. %)
Percentage of sites that stop using product. Source: datanyze
We hope you enjoyed our ClickFunnels Review. Leave any questions or comments below.
We care deeply about providing accurate and up-to-date information. Please contact us if you think there are any errors/issues.!
Originally published at MarTech Wiz.