In August I wrote about what I did/was/would be reading in 2016. Although I haven’t finished reading all these books I have already planned on reading a ton of new books this year. My goal is to read even more, to get smarter, read about new things and just dive into more knowledge. So far that’s going pretty well as my new Kindle makes me like reading even more.
Usually before the new year starts I already compiled a list of books that I’d like to read, that I’ve come across during the year and that made it to my Amazon wish list. I’ve ordered most of them by now or put them on my Kindle so I can get started right away.
So what will I be reading in 2017:
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win: Must admit I already finished this one before the new year started. Two former Navy Seals gives some insights into their way of working and how that applies to leadership in business. Great read!
- The Art of War: A classic, have seen this one pass by on many many reading lists and it’s time I finally get started with this one.
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead: As Google is very well known for their great culture what better way is there to learn from the guy who managed the culture and HR processes at Google.
- Power Forward: My Presidential Education: Being very interested in the human side of politics and Barack Obama this book by his former personal aide is one that I’d like to get started with.
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- High Output Management: A management classic, another one that’s been on my wish list for way too long. Looking forward to read more about some management theories and how to apply that in the real world.
- I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time
- Leading Teams: Setting the Stage for Great Performances
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done
- How Brands Grow: What Marketers Don’t Know: Already on last years list.
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future: Wasn’t a huge fan of Elon up to this year, since I started reading more into what he’s been doing and what he has achieved it has been very inspiring. Would like to know more behind the scenes why he’s doing what he’s doing.
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses: Having worked in a startup environment for almost a decade now it’s getting time to read this one.
- The Corporate Athlete: How to Achieve Maximal Performance in Business and Life: One that was recommended by my coach a few years ago, getting your maximal performance in business and life makes sure that you spend enough time on all areas in your life.
- The Warren Buffet Way: Obviously one of the biggest names in business. Don’t know that much about the guy.
- Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life: Well, as he’s the president (elect) of the United States now I’d like to know more about his ideas on the world. As everything I’ve seen from him so far isn’t to good looking.
- Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production: Known for their crazy ways of optimising their production system and maintaining their efficiency levels.
I’m not reading a ton of marketing related books according to this list. So what are the books that you think I should be reading around: Growth/Marketing/Data/Analytics this year? Let me know: @MartijnSch