Spoonie Secrets: Issue #10
A safe space for people with chronic illness where they can share deepest and darkest secrets anonymously.
For more details on how this works and the story behind it, please click here.
1. I sometimes miss having a broken pelvis because at least then people believed my pain and I had access to meds to make it better.
2. I can’t stand myself. I feel like I’m nothing more than the sum of my symptoms, and they’re torture.
3. How is anyone supposed to believe me when I have a hard time believing I really feel as awful as I do.
4. I can’t stand the bitterness that comes with being robbed day by day of what life could be. I can’t even make others lives better, I’m just trying to survive.
5. I wonder if I deserve better than this spoonie life. I know my family deserves better.
6. I hate people who refuse to even try to understand. I’m a compassionate and empathetic person by nature, but I find myself hating people who are “close” to me who refuse to try to understand what I have to struggle through. It’s so messed up.
7. I feel like my husband resents me because he has had to take on so much due to my multiple chronic conditions. I give my all everyday but the most I can manage in a day is 7 hours at a desk job and a few chores or making a meal at home. Don’t get me wrong, my husband is a wonderful, supportive person, but I get so scared when I see his moments of frustration peek through.
Save it for later. Pin it to your Chronic Illness or Quotes Pinterest board.