Spoonie Secrets: Issue #11
A safe space for people with chronic illness where they can share deepest and darkest secrets anonymously.
For more details on how this works and the story behind it, please click here.
1. I swear I see them looking. Yes I know my hand is crippled disfigured ball of oddity. Mind your business- when you stare I feel like sh*t.
2. My friends are booking their holidays and I am pleased to hear about them. But I can’t help feeling envious and I hate myself for it. Others tell us to take a break “You deserve it” — but they don’t understand how hard it is to plan with a changing condition and that living on state benefits we just don’t have the money. I wish I could go skiing or jet off on a sunshine trip!
3. I am in too much pain to work consistently, but I’m also told I’m too young to qualify for financial assistants for disability. My husband works hard and long hours for the little money we have to provide me medication and health services I need. I miss my care free husband.
4. I feel like I’m not really living my life. I’m just surviving it.
5. I don’t want to grow old because I’m afraid I’ll get worse with age.
6. I hate it when other people compare my symptom with theirs and tell me how they were able to overcome it because they remained calm and they handled it better than I did.
7. I told you I couldn’t do it because I just got back from a bad flare-up. I need more time. Please don’t push and humiliate me in front of everyone by saying I’m just being too negative and that I need to face this task courageously.
Save it for later. Pin it to your Chronic Illness or Quotes Pinterest board.