Get to Know Simone Biles in 2 minutes or less
Simone Biles was the featured guest at Liberty University’s convocation on Friday January 27th.
1. Simone Biles was homeschooled so she could train more.
2. She stands at 4’ 8”.
3. Simone began to practice gymnastics around the age of 6.
4. Her favorite food is Italian — full of carbs for energy.
5. She has won 19 metals, including Olympic and World Championship Metals.
6. She was raised by her grandparents due to her mother’s addiction.
7. Simone is included in the Fab Five-including Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross, & Jordyn Wieber.
8. In the next Olympics of 2020, each country is only able to have a gymnastics team of 4.
9. Simone was the shortest athlete on the 2016 US Olympic team.
10. She is afraid of bees.
11. She is the owner of four German Shepherds.
12. She almost completed in the 2012 Olympics but was just a year too young.
13. She never outgrew the typical HSM crush on Zac Efron.
14. Her lucky charm is a miniature St. Sebastian, the patron saint of athletes.
15. She does not like to think of gymnastics as her job.
The first four facts are from teamusa.org
a. Teamusa.org is a credible source because it is the official website of the USA Olympic Team.
The next two facts are from biography.com.
b. Biography.com is a credible source because it successfully has written over 7,000 credible biographies.
The next two facts are from nbcolympics.com
c. Nbcolympics.com is a credible source because NBC news correspondents go to the Olympics.
The next three facts are from Goodhousekeeping.com
d. Goodhousekeeping.com is a credible source because it is an online version of a well-known magazine.
The next four facts are from cosmopolitan.com
e. Cosmopolitan.com is a credible source because it is an online version of a well-known and trusted magazine.