Amazeballs Stories Day 6/100: My To Do List and I Disagree
Do you have days where you zoom from activity to activity all day yet somehow feel like you accomplished nothing that needed to get done?
Saturdays are open days — where anything is possible. This makes me dream big! I actually get excited about all the things I am going to finally get done.
And then real life intervenes.
Accomplished on my “to do” list for today:
- Write Amazeballz Story post (completed in three stages spread across the day — def not the most efficient method)
- Walk 10,000 steps
- Take Mielle (my neice) to Grand Lake to get necklace and t-shirt
- Take Mielle to airport and accompany her (unaccompanied minor) until her flight leaves
- Take kids and their stuff to their dad’s (switch day!!!)
- Go to dinner (date night!) with Ryan
DID NOT accomplish on my “to do” list today:
- Work out (short and easy version -burpees, situps, pushups)
- Do show notes for Pattern Interrupt podcast
- Work on testimonial project
- Make canva assets for social media for class launch
- Take a nap or read my book (me time)
Hey wait, but what WAS I doing? The day was FULL from 6:30 am until I went to bed at 12:30 pm ya’all! This does not compute.
Things I accomplished today that were NOT on my list:
- Looked at facebook for an hour
- Oh, and instagram, that’s probably another 45 minutes
- Snuggle time with Ryan (yes, that’s a euphemism. Carry on.)
- Watched a movie (The Lobster) with Ryan at 9 am (!!!)
- Went to Farmer’s Market on Grand and ate nutella covered waffles
- Petted cat (cats need love too)
- Stopped at Nordstrom Rack on way back from the airport to get Quin some gym clothes for school. Insane checkout line.
- Went bowling (I guess that’s part of date night but it kept us out much later than usual)
- Ran around a park at 3 minutes to midnight in order to complete my 10,000 steps.
Okay — so what can I learn from these horrible lists?
One big takeaway — LESS SOCIAL MEDIA! Shit! That is a stupid and insane amount of quality time lost to looking at fucking facebook — that’s what! And let’s be real here, I do something like that nearly every day. Ugh.
Also, some of the stuff that I did that wasn’t on the list was pretty perfect. I need to not only be more flexible, but also be okay with it and not beat myself up that I didn’t do ALL THE THINGS.
My day had loads of quality time stuff with my kids or with my husband. I need to chill — and not just be a crazy list lady!
Hi! I’m Mary — a chiropractor, a writer, a marketer, and a teacher.
I am the founder of The Art of Story Project, an online business which coaches speakers and content creators to use story to become more powerful influencers.
Press the ❤ below if you liked this story. It means a lot to me. Plus, it helps other people to discover it.
If you appreciated this post, you will enjoy “The Rest of the Story”. It’s a FREE weekly curation of the storytelling content. Join us now and boost yourself each Monday! Register to get the free “10 Stories to Boost Your Business” PDF today.