Vegan Chocolate Sponge with Aquafaba
Here is an easy recepie for all you vegan chocolate cake lovers out there!
2 tablespoons of bitter cacao
100 ml of vegateble oil
250 ml of plant-based milk
7 g baking powder
5 tablespoons of aquafaba
200 g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In one bowl mix all “powdery” ingredients (flour, sugar, cacao, baking powder) together.
- In another bowl mix all liquid ingredients (aquafaba, plant-based milk, oil) together. Whisk this mixture for about 5 minutes so that foam is staring to form.
- Gradually add powdery mixture to the liquid one.
- Grease the baking tray. Use a spatula to remove all of the mixture from the bowl and gently smooth the surface of the cake.
- Place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Yes, it’s that easy!