- Perform a financial analysis for a project using the format provided in the book(IT Project Management, Revised 6e). Assume that the projected costs and benefits for this project are spread over four years as follows: Estimated costs are $200,000 in Year 1 and $30,000 each year in Years 2, 3, and 4. Estimated benefits are $0 in Year 1 and $100,000 each year in Years 2, 3, and 4. Use a 9 percent discount rate, and round the discount factors to two decimal places. Create a spreadsheet or use the business case financials template on the companion Web site to calculate and clearly display the NPV, ROI, and year in which payback occurs. In addition, write a paragraph explaining whether you would recommend investing in this project, based on your financial analysis.
1. Read the report “2015 Pulse of the Profession. Capturing the Value of Project Management” by PMI mentioned in the What Went Right section, page 194 of the 8th Edition of the book. Summarize the key points on this study and your opinion of it. Describe some specific steps organization can take to provide a supportive culture for project management.
>> This is all about understanding the value of a project management, improving it and organizing project. The culture, talent and process help and support organization that recognizes the need of a program and project.Managing risk helps the organization to identify their project risks, they always use risk management practices in order for them to have a better project outcomes. Project management culture always understand the value of a profession delivers.
1. Develop an outline (major heading and subheading only) for a project management plan to create a Web Site for your class, and then dill in the details for the introduction or overview section. Assume that this Web site would include home page with links to a syllabus for the class, lecture notes or other instructional information, links to the Web site for the books that we are using in the class, links to other Web sites and all links to personal pages for each member of your class and future classmates. Also, include a bulletin board and chat room feature where students and the instructor can exchange information. Assume your instructor is the project’s sponsor, you are the project manager, your classmates are your project team and you have three months to complete the project.
2.3 Grading System
3. 2 Old
3.5 ID NO.
4.0 BULLETIN BOARD
2. Write a short paper based on the chapter’s opening case. Answer the following questions (Information Technology Project Management, 7e, page 140, Opening Case):
3. a. What do you think the real problem was in this case?
->>The problem is that they can’t manage it very well. They need to focus on what problem they have in order for them to solve that problem.He is a former software developer so that it’s not easy for him to do that job.
4. b. Does the case present a realistic scenario? Why or why not?
>Yes, it is because its hard for us to manage a new role if we don’t have any background of it.
5. c. Was Nick Carson a good project manager? Why or why not?-
>No, because he did not focus on his role as project manager, he focused on the role as software integrator and troubleshooter.
6. d. What should top management have done to help Nick?
7. e. What could Nick have done to be a better project manager?-
>>he better focused on his job/role assigned to him.