Most of us are used to taking warm showers.
However, cold showers offer benefits to the body and mind that could help improve physical and mental health in many ways.
- Can help against depression.
you will notice right after your first freezing shower that your mood has completely changed. from low energy to excitement. Coldwater sends electrical impulses to our brain. They increase alertness, clarity, and energy levels. Endorphins, which are sometimes called happiness hormones, are also released. This effect leads to feelings of well-being and optimism.
2. Helps fight off common illnesses
Our bodies are designed to become resistant to the elements we are exposed to. The shock of cold water in the bloodstream stimulates leukocytes. This means that taking cold showers can help your resistance to common illnesses, like colds and the flu.
3. Increased alertness
Taking a cold shower can make a person feel more alert, largely due to its effects on the body.
4. Cold showers improve skin and hair
Cold showers are the most natural way of maintaining your skin and hair appearance. Hot water has a tendency to dry your skin. Especially, if we stay in the shower for too long. On the other hand, cold water tightens the pores on your skin and your scalp. This helps fight the dirt from getting in. It gives your hair and your skin a shinier and healthier look.
TIPS TO START
It's not easy to start so here are 2 tips on how to do it.
- Go right at it. have your water running on cold. go in, do your thing quickly and get out. in my experience, it gets the best results, especially to the mood and energy.
- You start your shower warm and gradually (better than a quick shift) lower the temperature.