How to Remove Default-search.net Redirect Virus from Your Computer?
What Is Default-search.net Redirect Virus
Default-search.net has been classified as a harmful browser hijacker designed by cyber criminals to corrupt web browsers and increase website traffic so as to acquire illegal profits. After completed its installation on the computer, the hijacker virus will force computer users to visit its domain site whenever they start browsers or open a new tab. Its aim is to help increase the traffic of certain websites and generate advertising revenue through the pay-per-click advertisements. In a word, cyber criminals who created this kind of malware aim to make money online. It is strongly suggested that you do not click on any pop-up ads or sponsored links on the website Default-search.net, or you would download other types of malware like worm, spyware or ransomware onto your computer.
Default-search.net May Result in:
Once Default-search.net redirect virus breaks into the target computer successfully, it will modify the infectious computer web browser and alter Internet settings. Then, you will notice that the default homepage and search engine of your browser is replaced by Default-search.net. The browser hijacker may lead to a number of problems and interrupt users when they are browsing the web, such as keep redirecting users to visit its own site or other specific sites. The Default-search.net redirect virus supports a series of pop-up ads. Fake information as discounts, untrue product sale, banners or coupons displayed by this malicious Default-search.net browser virus are not trustworthy because this virus only wants to make money from victims. If the victims follow any of the tactics, the redirect virus gains access to sensitive information on the vulnerable system and will utilize it to cause more damages and get illegal profits. Furthermore, cyber criminals may collect their confidential information for illegal use.
Removing Default-search.net is a complicated process since it can make changes to the default browser settings and add its malicious codes to the computer system. Hence, even you have restored the settings changed by the redirect virus, you would find your browsers abnormal again, since the redirect virus hasn’t been removed and it can change the browser settings gain and again. To deal with the cyber threat, you can choose the manual removal or a professional malware removal tool to eradicate the infection.
Remove Default-search.net Redirect Completely
Step1. Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of the browser hijacker and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step2. Remove the related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step3. Clean Default-search.net from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Default-search.net browser hijacker virus attacks the infected PC via many ways including infected programs, excusable processes and unsafe links, PC users may not be able to know the virus infection since it will finish its installation stealthy. In general, the redirect virus often penetrates into a target system by bundling with some freeware and hiding behind some unsafe web links that are not easy to be caught by any antispyware software. Computer users cannot realize anything strange when the virus attacks the system because the redirect has been modified by its author. This is the way that the browser hijacker compromises a computer. After a while, the browser hijacker virus will redirect you to unwanted sites or show you unwanted pop-ups and potentially malicious pages with malware hidden. Be advised, it is quite necessary for PC users to eliminate this Default-search.net redirect virus in order to avoid further damage from cyber criminals. Want to remove the redirect virus efficiently? You can download a removal tool to delete it automatically and thoroughly.