Remove Topfindings.net Redirect Virus
Introduction of Topfindings.net
Similar to other redirect viruses, Topfindings.net is also classified as a browser hijacker that used by cyber criminals to change the settings of people’s web browsers in order to display advertising, boost web traffic and make pay-per-link profits. The main feature of the redirect virus Topfindings.net is constantly redirecting the net users to unwanted websites. The purpose of Topfindings.net is to gather search terms and redirect users to websites from where they’ll receive a commission or some sort of revenue. In brief, the browser hijacker is created by cyber criminals to make money from the internet. It is not suggested that you do not click on the pop-up ads or sponsored links on the Topfindings.net website, or else you may download some malware like Trojan horse, adware or worm onto your computer.
Consequences Brought by Topfindings.net Redirect Virus
Once Topfindings.net has been installed to the infected browser successfully, the Internet settings on the infected browser will be totally modified. The most obvious phenomena are the changes of the homepage and the reset of the default search engine. A range of system troubles will be brought into the infected computer, such as spying on browser activities and redirection on browser search. Since being installed, Topfindings.net starts to bombard the screen with ads. Thos pop-ups may conclude deals, sales, discounts, offers, and other forms of ads, and most of them look attractive so as to lure users into buying some fake products or non-existent services. Once any deal is made, the credit information can be stolen by criminals in a short time. Moreover, personal information will be uploaded to the serve by the hijackers for the malicious purpose.
Removing the Topfindings.net redirect virus is a complicated process, because not only the browser hijacker can change all default browser parameters, but also inject its malicious files on system or local disk to conceal its existent. Even if you have restored all the settings that tampered by the browser hijacker, the threat may be able to come back again and again if its components cannot be deleted completely. Under such circumstance，you should better remove Topfindings.net redirect virus from your computer as soon as you possibly can.
Remove Topfindings.net Redirect Completely
Step1. Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of the browser hijacker and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step2. Remove the related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step3. Clean Topfindings.net from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Topfindings.net can enter a target computer via many different ways, but it mainly comes bundled with freeware/shareware that downloaded from some unsafe websites, so many users do not realize that this nasty virus is downloaded on their computer together with the software they want. Many PC users tend to install the software they need on their computers without taking a careful look at the End-User License Agreement, which gives the redirect virus a good chance to get installed on their computer. In general, PC users may install the program by using default settings. As to the devil damages the virus makes on the infected machine, they are as secret as the way it slips into the system. Soon after its installation, the redirect virus will cause some problems like hijacking users’ browsers to unknown websites and popping up lots of annoying advertisements. Note: the most important thing need to be done is quickly remove Topfindings.net browser hijacker from the affected machine before it totally damages the entire machine inch by inch. Cannot manually remove this threat? It is safe and recommended to download and use a program which is designed specially for virus removal to solve the problem in time.