Over the last few years I’ve been using a toolbox dedicated to workshop facilitation. As I used to carry it with me, many people felt quite interested about it, asking me where it’s possible to get it.
Hum.. actually I’ve never found a ready-to-use toolbox so I composed it myself. But it’s not a big deal, you just need to pick to right tools ;)
So here is what you need to buy to compose a great toolbox for UX designers but more generally for everyone facilitating a workshop or any collaborative work.
- Coloured sticky notes (3 sizes)
- Coloured stickers
- Stabilo fluo
- Permanent black thin pen and black sharpies pen
- Tape and masking tape
- Wool (useful to create dividers, or join ideas like an investigator :)
- Removable and reusable glue pads
- and finally: THE box!
How to get them?
Here is my Amazon US list: http://a.co/i1PmHj1
Voici ma liste Amazon France : http://amzn.eu/2rLioIo
As UX designers we always need a bit of a support to run our workshop properly such as:
- Persona mockup (download an example here)
- User stories canvas (download an example here)
- Job stories canvas (download an example here)
- Experience map canvas (download an example here)
- Mobile mockup for sketchings (download examples here and here)
- Tablet mockup for sketchings (download an example here)
- Canvas for storyboarding (download an example here)
- MVP: Voting elements with 1–10 figures (here), poker game cards(here), banknotes for a “Buy a feature” session (here) but also a MVP Matrix (here).
- and so on …