From Wonderings to Words — Week 13
This is the thirteenth week of my embarkment on writing a new novel. Here’s how it went:
- Roughly 300 words today.
- Woke up a bit later; there was nothing too exciting on the radio so I dozed off for longer after my alarm went off.
- I’ve sorted out my story path for the rest of the chapter, so I suppose that’s good.
- 400 today.
- Building up to a big reveal scene (man, am I advertising for a Biggest Loser show?)
- Tracking well.
- Broke the 49K mark today, will be trying for the big 50K over the next two days.
- Man, I’m spending too much time in front of the computer.
- 500 words until 50K!
- Woke up later today, but still managed to smash out a good amount.
- AND WE ARE AT THE BIG 50,000 WORDS!
- I’d like to thank myself, truly. I’ve been a big help.
- I almost didn’t make it to that milestone today — my brother forgot he had work and I had to drive him there, taking a good twenty-minute chunk out of my hour’s work, but I hit a good stride as soon as I got back home.
- Fuck yeah.
- Nothing on these two days — too busy with other stuff.
- Plus I was hungover one of the days that I could have done it.
- I think I’m starting to see a pattern emerged — five days writing, two days with the intention to write, yet never the follow-through.
Matt Querzoli is into week thirteen of writing his new novel, and this is how he went each day. Pray for the man. Follow his writing blog, his letters to strangers blog or his blog blog if you liked the post, or even the bloke himself if this tickled your proverbial pickle.