Hello 2016. Hello new resolutions.
Another year, another set of resolutions. I love it! Some people aren’t too keen on new years resolutions, but I find new year a great time to reassess goals or ambitions I have, habits I’ve got into that I want to change, or just try something I haven’t done before. And whilst I love a challenge, and will definitely try my hardest at these, it’s also healthy to not be tied to them, if I don’t do that well, it’s ok, I’ll try again next year!
So here’s a brief review of how 2015 went:
- Run every day. This lasted until the start of April.
- Draw a picture every day. Lasted until the end of June.
- Read at least 1 Bible chapter every day. Patchy, definitely not every day.
- Invite more people into our home. We did pretty well at this I think, but can always improve. Always be hospitable.
- Look at my phone less before bed. This one goes up and down, probably didn’t try that hard with that one, started well, tailed off.
- Read more. This one never really got going!
And now, 2016.
I’ve tried to be a bit more specific; but reduce the daily commitments, they became a bit of a pressure. Here they are:
- Read 4 books. Might not seem like much, but for me that’s a lot!
- Run at least 2 official races. Hopefully the Bristol half marathon and another one.
- Learn some Italian. Quite vague, but I’ve downloaded Duolingo already, it’s great.
- Complete our daily Bible reading book. I bought Emma a daily-reading type of book, 3 days in and it’s brilliant.
- Eat more natural. Trying to reduce those processed foods.
- Be more on time. I’m a bit of a late person, but that’s going to change.
- Adventure. Very unspecific, so we’ll see how this one goes!
Here’s to another year.