Twenty One Things to Get Excited About This Summer on Birthright
Start mentally preparing for what’s to come…..
1. Your first view of Israel
2. Real hummus
You may think you know hummus, but you don’t. And no, SABRA IS NOT REAL HUMMUS!
3. Rafting down the Jordan River
4. Testing your haggling skills when you buy hamsa necklaces for your friend
5. The most amazing, sensual smells you will ever experience in the shuk
6. Selfie opportunities from across the world.
7. Camel-backing across the desert
8. Having the coolest rabbi you’ll ever meet as one of your staff
9. Eating some of the freshest produce in the world.
10. Experiencing the power of the Kotel firsthand
11. Celebrating Shabbat in Israel with your new family
13. Becoming fast friends with the soldiers joining your trip!
14. Learning about the history and perseverance of the State of Israel
15. Sleeping more on the bus (or against random walls) more than in your hotel rooms
16. The wonderment of floating in the Dead Sea
You’ll wonder what kind of sorcery this is, until you learn it’s the 35% salt content keeping you afloat
17. Making it to the top of Masada and hearing the story of what happened
18. Seeing the most breathtaking views of Israel
19. Having shawarma or falafel become one of your basic food groups.
20. Becoming a part of a 40 person family in just 10 short days!
21. Realizing your Mayanot trip was the greatest gift you have ever received.