Mindfulness is a gift
Being mindful solves the problem
There are many things that our ancestors had and we forgot to practice. Mindfulness is one of them. It’s a gift that you can give to yourself. A gift that will not only help you live well but also inspire hope to the people around you. People will always find motivation for the good work from a mindful person.
It’s not that easy at the beginning to be mindful all the time. It requires patience. A mindful person finds happiness easily not like an unmindful person.
Mindfulness is remembering to be present in the moment, learning to relate to our thoughts and our feelings in a way that goes against the grain of our conditioning. It is a way of unbecoming what we are not.
Mindfulness is the awareness and approach to life that arises from paying attention on purpose, fully present, with curiosity and compassion.
Mindfulness helps to change the way you think and feel about your experiences, especially stressful experiences. It involves paying attention to your thoughts and feelings in order to become more aware of them, less enmeshed in them, and better able to manage them.
So, why should we all do this! Obviously there are some benefits.
- A great connection of body and soul so that they reacts well.
- Improved personal relationships (feelings), as mindfulness helps place a check on automatic reactions; it also enables us to focus.
- A greater acceptance of troublesome thoughts and emotions. Mindfulness also allows us to let go of these before they can develop and have a negative impact on us.
- Improvements to memory, concentration and cognitive ability.
- Removes stress and anxiety.
- You can sleep well at night.
- A general feeling of wellbeing.
- Improved productivity.
- Increased creativity brought about by being able to let go of doubts that otherwise might be a hindrance to creativity.
So, as like Andy Puddicombe, I think everyone of us should spend at least 10 minutes a day to develop mindfulness. No matter how hard we think, thinking mindful solves the problem easily, effectively and in less time.