Proposal to Seasteanding Institute for Refugees
I am one of the Ambassadors in Brazil of Seasteanding Institute (floating cities for new and pioneering forms of governance). We were asked if we have proposals to the refugee issue, that we presented. Considering in particular the island bought by Egyptian millionaire in Europe, here’s our proposal based not only on our experience with Basic Income Guaranteed, but in the development of codes for Direct Democracy.
We make this public proposal not only for the relevance of the problem, but as this is a proposal for interconnected problems, refugees and poor people already living in their countries. Problems caused not only by the failure of their respective nation-states, but by the exhaustion of an entire international geopolitical and socioeconomic system.
In this world that is rapidly moving to post-statist societies, allowing cities or communities or new natural territories or artificial committed to peace can receive direct funding of capital and provide the minimum vital for all people without bureaucracy, discrimination of any kind including nationality is no longer a utopia, but increasingly a necessity. Guarantee schemes of Unconditional Basic Income free of centralizing states, banked directly societies to societies, people to people, is an increasingly urgent need in the face of no more economic crises, but humanitarian.
The financial disintermediation and policy for positive and effective provision of human and natural rights, this is the foundation of our proposal for the libertarian Basic Income Guaranteed sustained by social investment instruments and equity crowdfunding.
Follows, punctuated our proposition:
• social security system by constituting Fund for Basic Income, basic income payment for all inhabitants.
• Issuance of securities (equity crowdfunding), which are linked to social investments that will serve to pay a basic income for refugees.
• Social investments as far as possible should prioritize the infrastructural and economic development of the territory.
• Income of the Fund, above the minimum subsistence, may be paid out to investors and residents as social dividend according to the statute in compliance with the human and economic development.
• Residents may have no impediment to participate in the Fund.
• The Fund or income cannot and should not monopolize the minimum provision, or vital means.
• People should have the full freedom of association to organize their investment companies and mutual protection based on their incomes and private properties.
• These societies and communities should enjoy the same right throughout the territory to issue its bonds and capture directly funds in the market to their economies of Basic Income Unconditional as well as use or issue the exchange means they deem most appropriate for their economic development without the imposition of interim or forced means, can and should compete freely and competitively by capital.
• private properties and common minimum for future production and living independently should be guaranteed to all. No person may be vulnerable to dependence of states, corporations or higher power for lack of means to support himself. The inhabitants must have the necessary to provide for their own basic income free and self-sustaining way for themselves and their investors.
• Natural properties should be restored and protected with common goods against the appropriation of collective or individuals, states or corporations. And the vital means inherent in private or common property should be preserved in their natural condition essential to life, and cannot be monopolized or private to generate artificial needs.
• Public Spaces, Real and Virtual, must also be made to ensure peaceful co-existence through the exercise of full freedom of association and peaceful dissociation. Spaces for all individuals and societies can negotiate permanently directly or mediated form, but always consensually their communion of peace.
• All possessions and values should be established and negotiated by consensus on common peace agreements between stakeholders. No natural property peacefully occupied may be withdrawn or transferred with subsidy of force or threat.
• Damages and losses caused by misappropriation, as there is no violence, should be offset by compensation taxes only by sanctions that may not exceed the own damage or the guarantee of vital needs.
The State Peace and Justice
• The natural right to self-preservation, self-determination and own-conceiving are the source of sovereignty of the social contract for peace and freedom.
• All people are equal in authority over the common good; equal in fundamental freedom to preserve his life; and equal in freedom and authority to define the meaning and peace in particular and common destiny of their lives — according to their own free will, conscience and vocation.
• No society, value, economic conception, political, religious, cultural, philosophical, scientific, no ideology, not even the peace of the well or freedom, has the right to impose the force, or by threat of violence, or by deprivation natural and vital resources.
• The use of force only legitimize before the triggered violence or blatant threat of aggression against the life or liberty and private property and common constituents of natural rights as vital and environmental media.
• No statement or denial of freedom can be defended by force or not deterred by the threat of the use of violence but against the very violence of the assault or deprivation. Freedom of thought as much material must be exercised peacefully. Whole diversity of life forms and inequality of wealth must be respected while not deprive anyone of their common or private property, their vital means his equally natural and fundamental rights and freedoms.
• All free peace organization for the provision and protection of life, liberty and natural property even others who do not arrogate monopolies, especially on the common good or prerogatives of violence are legitimate.
• All societies should co-exist peacefully on the same territory not only waiving any right of supremacy as committing voluntarily to defend each other against any individual, worship or supremacist culture. Censorship, properties and governments are not subsidized by the threat of force or deprivation of needs must be respected in the areas of the territories and properties peace of their societies and voluntary and consensual.
• Decisions about the common good must be made by consensus. Disagreements resolved by consensus mediation. The refusal to negotiate voluntarily, point mediators, or accept the outcome of mediation allows the use of nonviolent sanctions.
• Only at the threat and violence flagrant proportional force must be regarded as necessary.
• Claims for damage caused by acts or omissions, or even past violence require repair and can be enforced by sanctions. But the sanctions can never overcome the explicit damage in demand for repair and cannot be imposed in retaliation, ie before negotiation and judgment do not give opportunity to the accused to agree with a particular remedy claimed.