Secure Admission In Engineering Colleges Through JEE Mains With These Strategies
JEE Mains or Joint Entrance Exam is a Pan India Common Engineering Entrance Exam, conducted by the CBSE for engineering college admissions. One of the toughest engineering entrance exams, JEE Mains is also a b tech Qualification Exam for students willing to appear for JEE Advanced or IIT-JEE.
Strategies for JEE Main preparation:
● Revision and mock tests should be done regularly. Each test must be followed by an in-depth test analysis to know your weak areas.
● Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects, prepare a timetable and follow it properly. Please remember it is the quality of time spent and not the quantity alone.
● Do take short breaks of 5 to 10 minutes after every one or two hours of regular study.
● Refer fewer books for theory as too many books may create confusion.
● Only solving NCERT books may not be sufficient to crack conceptual problems asked in the entrance exam but surely NCERT physics and chemistry books will give you the required basic concepts.
● Focus on solving the problems on your own, do not look for the solutions without attempting a question. Start with conventional methods of solving, while gradually improving. In short, build your own shortcuts and ways for problem solving
● Apart from studying books, students should also concentrate on the previous years question papers of JEE Main. It will help you to manage your time in the examination. By solving these papers, students will get an idea of exam pattern, question weightage.
● JEE (Main) is not difficult, but tricky. Many students fail to score in actual JEE due to lack of planning on how to write the exam. Once the revision of all topics is done, students should schedule at least one mock exam per week. First 15 minutes of the exam need to be used for reading the instructions, question paper
● For solving of questions from each subject restricted for 45 minutes, since subject wise cut-off is not there in JEE main, spend last 30 minutes for the subject which is easy in that particular paper. Speed and accuracy are important aspects, this will come with extensive practice of mock papers
● The most important thing is clarity of concepts and regular practice in problem solving. You need to be quick and accurate to achieve high scores. High speed with less accuracy won’t give you success.
● Try the shortest approach to MCQ/elimination method. Do not get tensed by comparing your performance with others, you need to compare your present performance with past performance.
● Overnight study is not advised and one should sleep for at least five to six hours at night.
● At the time of preparation, do yoga and meditation, it will help you in developing inner peace and power of concentration
Hope these strategies will help you acing JEE Mains and getting admission in your dream best placement colleges BTech.
You will be glad to know that NIIT University, a leading institution based at Neemrana, Rajasthan also accepts JEE Mains score for admission to its B Tech Programmes in CSE, ECE and Biotechnology. It is ranked as top 10 engineering colleges in MP placement wise.