Who are the Best Knee Replacement Surgeons in Delhi?
Best Knee Replacement Surgeons in Delhi?
India boasts of a peerless healthcare system with its highly skilled Orthopaedic Department. The Orthopaedic departments in Delhi has carved a niche for itself by engaging in innovative research and formulating ground-breaking theories for their patients. As per findings of surveys, patients from various countries pay an annual visit for Knee Replacement in Delhi.
Send your Query to firstname.lastname@example.org, +91–7683088559
OR Visit: https://goo.gl/hv4kkB
List of Best Knee Replacement Surgeons in Delhi?
1. Dr. Ashok Rajgopal (Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram)- Dr Ashok Rajgopal is an Indian orthopaedic surgeon who has near about 15,000 Arthroscopic and over 50,000 Total Knee Arthroplasty surgeries to his credit. If you are looking for the most experienced doctor associated with Knee Replacement, he is the one.
2. Dr. SKS Marya, (Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram)- Dr. Marya has performed close to 15,000 Joint Replacements Surgeries and has been conferred with AO Trauma Fellowship in Switzerland and Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, England. For 35 years of his practice, he has had a stellar career in in the field of medicine and orthopaedics.
3. Dr. Pradeep Sharma (BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi)- He is the Director & Head of BLK Centre for Orthopaedics, Joint Reconstruction & Spine Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. Having 35 years of experience in Joint Replacement & Joint Reconstruction Surgery, he actively participates in Orthopaedic sessions.
4. Dr. IPS Oberoi (Artemis Hospital, Gurugram)- Dr. I.P.S.Oberoi is renowned for knee replacement, hip replacement and arthroscopic surgery. He holds a specialisation in arthroscopic and joint replacement surgeries and has 7000 joint replacement surgeries to his credit that to success rates being 97%.
5. Dr. Ramneek Mahajan (Max Hospital, Saket)- He heads the Orthopaedics and Head of Unit 2 at Saket City Hospital. Having been in this field for 15 years, Dr. Mahajan has 2500 Joint Replacements and more than 10000 other Orthopaedic & Spine surgeries to his credit.
Which are the best Knee Replacement Hospitals in Delhi?
Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, boasts of a multi-modality programme both for adult and paediatric. It is a hub of highly skilled specialists who hold specialisation in hand & wrist surgeries, foot and ankle surgeries, shoulder surgeries, arthroplasties and arthroscopies.
2. Artemis Hospital, Gurugram- The hospital has various accolades to its credit and engages in enhancing pioneering procedures.
3. BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi- The super speciality medical hospital has a rich history of the number of referrals for various types of knee replacement surgeries and complications of knees and joints.
4. Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket- The hospital dispenses a wide band of technically advanced procedures to the patients with an extravagant infrastructure and fully air-conditioned rooms which are immensely sterilised.
Cost of Knee Replacement in Delhi?
Knee Replacement in India is worth the expenses you incur with enormous cost savings. The cost of the surgeries relating to knee replacement is listed below.
• Unilateral Knee Replacement is USD 4000 with near about 5 days of hospital admittance.
• Bilateral Knee Replacement is USD 6000 with close to about 7 days of hospital admittance.
The cost of Knee replacement surgery also depends on various other factors.
• Preferred hospital
• Choice of doctor
• Kinds of Implants deployed in the knee socket
Why is Knee Replacement Surgery Performed?
This surgery is performed to replace the shredded cartilage and in one’s meniscus with the prosthesis to enhance one’s mobility. Surgery is recommended only when the patient reaches progressive stage arthritis, when medication fails to restore mobility.
Services Offered under knee Replacement in India?
• Partial Knee Replacement
Also, known as uni -compartmental knee arthroplasty. It is a minimally invasive process wherein the damaged part is detached and replaced with a finer metal implant. This procedure is performed for those patients who are afflicted with Osteoarthritis.
• Rotating Knee Replacement
In this procedure, a metal implant which is deployed in the knee socket not only move to and for but also shows potential in rotating inwards and outwards. This technique has especially been formulated to restore the rotating motion of a knee joint.
• Gender Specific Knee Replacement
Gender Specific Knee Replacement is a distinct technique of knee replacement in which the implants are designed differently keeping in mind men and women anatomy. The agenda underlying this technique is that if implant the installed replicates the normal anatomy, it will enhance functionality.
• Customized Knee Replacement
In this kind of knee replacement, firstly MRI scans are analysed, and then entre procedure with incision length is tailored for the patient. It permits the surgeons to perform the surgery with ease.
Oxinium Total Knee Replacement
This type of surgery has uniquely been designed for the youth. Oxinium knee implants, which are structured of metal composites composed of ceramic and are oxygen-coated have shown promise in providing a resilience of 30 to 35 years.
Post-surgery Care and Precautionary Measures
• Regular Physiotherapy
• Follow up with your surgeon timely
• Use a walker or crane
Life After Knee Replacement
Post knee replacement surgery, the patients are likely to have a scar. However, the size of the scar depends on the kind of operation performed but gradually diminishes.
The joy of undergoing a knee replacement surgery is that it permits you to resume your mundane. Life after knee replacement surgery is devoid of pain and it permits you to resume your sexual activities after few days. Make a note that if you feel some sensations in your knees or pain, discontinue your sexual routine and visit your surgeon. You will be prescribed to take few joint health supplements for knee along with a healthy regimen, which will include healthy diet and exercise. The doctor may also recommend icing or fermentation to mitigate the pain and swelling; it will depend on the type of treatment you undergo.
You can hit the roads if you feel comfortable in bending your knee for reaching the pedal. Make sure you avoid driving if you are taking narcotics or other drugs that may damage your ability to drive. Walking will avert blood clots but avoid squatting, jumping, lifting weights, twisting, and other activities that could impair the replaced knee.
Why should you choose India for Knee Replacement?
Pertaining to the fact that there is an upsurge in total knee replacement cases with over 76,000 being performed every twelve months in the UK and not all procedures are covered under insurances or by NHS in the UK, India becomes a very reliable option for undergoing this surgery.
The advantage of undergoing knee replacement surgery in India is that it has surgeons to its credit who are a product of USA an UK medical teaching institutions, which has the world’s most systematic and finest healthcare system.
The odds of fatal complexities pertaining to knee replacement surgery is extremely small, and the surgical techniques that Indian doctors are equipped with exterminates these risks while retaining an efficacious result for patients.
The success rate of Knee Replacement in India is 95%, and stats of Post-Surgical Complications is 2%. It takes roughly 2–3 hours to perform this surgery. Quality of the treatment dispensed sets Indian knee physicians apart from other surgeons. The Indian surgeons are only meticulous in their work but also spend some time with their patients making them feel at ease.
Send your Query to email@example.com, or Call: +91–7683088559