5 Crucial Strategies Essential for Successful Healthcare Digital Marketing
Today, the internet and electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets have changed long-established marketing trends and ushered in digital marketing for healthcare. Medical SEO has thus become an essential criterion for medical practices and medical businesses. This involves the skilful utilization of tactics aimed at increasing the online visibility of your medical website and improving the chance of being found easily on search engines. According to Statista, in 2020 U.S. spending on digital advertising is set to hit $113.18 billion, i.e. double the amount compared to the amount 2 years ago. There are a number of emerging technologies and platforms to leverage, which makes it a very exciting time for healthcare marketers. There are many opportunities to connect with present and potential consumers. The need of the day is to identify the platforms and technologies that are best for each brand.
2017 is slipping into the past, which makes it vital to think of strategies for 2018. Will the 2017 SEO trends continue to be prominent, or are there changes in the horizon? Here are some considerations.
- Machine learning combined with human effort: Consumers have grown more demanding and tech savvy. Marketers need to respond quickly and accurately to changing customer behavior. Here machine learning can be of support because you can obtain valuable insight more easily from the huge volumes of structured and unstructured data and use it to your advantage. This is especially significant in healthcare, wherein artificial intelligence or machine learning can be leveraged to collect, cleanse and analyze patient data that can be used to provide optimum care. It also helps in better care co-ordination among multiple healthcare teams. Medical app development will thus become an important strategy in the year to come.
- Video marketing: Video marketing ensures high possibility of engagement with potential patients and healthcare consumers. This is a method of using videos to promote the products or services that you offer and is considered the type of content with the best ROI. The younger demographic prefers videos more and view them on a range of devices. So, in 2018 video advertising is sure to prove beneficial for businesses. With the intention of increasing usage and driving social engagement, social media giants such as Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat are popularizing video content.
- Content marketing: Good content is key to a good ranking position. Before developing content, keep in mind the interest of your target audience and write relevant and engaging content. More than half of consumers rely on content to research their purchasing decisions. Content is no doubt at the heart of any marketing campaign. Your content must be personalized if it is to connect with consumers. Personalized content is specifically tailored to customer requirements and where they are in the buying process.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing will continue to be one of the most important digital marketing trends. This helps to establish a strong social media presence and develop creative ways of encouraging interactions. This also helps to propel the growth of your business. Social media marketing helps in quick spread of information among social media users and it assures measurable ROI and increased customer base. Nowadays, apart from their social platform accounts, people are engaging socially using other less monitored channels such as messaging apps, native mobile apps, emails, and secure browsing. These channels cannot be ignored in 2018. It will be worthwhile to invest money in these channels because it will help you reach various niche consumer demographics and also expand your reach considerably.
- Pay-per-click advertising: This is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to your website, in which the advertisers pay a publisher when the ad is clicked. This is one way to generate sales. Essentially it is a way of buying visits to your sites rather than earning it organically.
Medical practices, organizations and businesses expect results when they invest in medical SEO services. Therefore it is important to choose a professional SEO company that can understand your business model and requirements, and provide the right combination of techniques to ensure you increased web presence and traffic. 2018 is bound to be an interesting year when marketers will have to find innovative ways to reach consumers and boost brand awareness. What has worked in the past may not work exactly the same way anymore. It is time to plan and implement the right strategies that will bring about digital marketing success in 2018 and beyond.