It’s been a rough past couple weeks. A few high highs and lots of really low lows, missed expectations and lots of time to be alone.
Here is what I know for sure.
You are smart.
You are in the best shape of your life.
You are strong.
You are pretty.
You have so much love to give.
You have amazing people who love you.
You have people who believe in you.
You will succeed.
You will find love.
Here are your fears.
You will disappoint people.
You aren’t enough. Cool enough. Smart enough. Interesting enough.
You won’t find the right guy and instead will settle.
You will lose friends as your lives diverge.
You will fail at work.
You will live an average life.
Here is what you want
- Become a business designer that materially improves the craft at IDEO
- Find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with
- Make or build stuff
- Learn more about coding and technology
- Work/live abroad
- Give back in a way that makes you feel the impact
You got this. I believe in you and the universe.
- Be thankful
- Laugh, get the giggles
- Tell people you love them (post-it notes, cards)
- Make space for small acts of kindness
- Dance more
- Keep your heart open and your head on your shoulders
- Have faith and be kind to yourself