New Features Highlight — 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
The extraordinary new 2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E300 Sedan contains some of the most advanced new features of any vehicle anywhere. Not only is this all-new E300 Sedan a masterpiece of design engineering, it also has exclusive features never before seen in a production vehicle by any car manufacturer. This isn’t just the most sophisticated mid-sized luxury sedan on the market today; it’s the most advanced vehicle, from the premier luxury carmaker in the world.
The all-new E-Class E300 combines flowing curves and sensual lines with the raw agility and dynamic handling of a sport sedan. In fact, the AMG-inspired body styling hints at its performance pedigree. The 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder is turbocharged for a 241-horsepower output, while the 9-speed paddle-shift automatic helps it from 0–60 in just 6.2 seconds.
Now let’s take a closer look at some of the exclusive features found on the all-new 2017 E-Class E300 Sedan.
New Safety Features
The new 2017 Mercedes-Benz E300 Sedan incorporates some of the most advanced safety features of any vehicle, to keep occupants safe under almost any condition. Some of the innovative new safety features available include:
- PRE-SAFE Impulse Side. This industry-first feature uses radar sensors to detect an impending side impact, and inflates a chamber in the front seat bolster to move the occupant away from the danger. This also helps to reduce the relative speed difference by starting the occupant moving in the direction of the impact.
- “Car-to-X” Communication. This is another world-first technology that uses radio-based data transmissions to obtain hazard information long before you can see it. Vehicles equipped with Car-to-X technology can send and receive data between vehicles and from traffic infrastructure signals.
- Drive Pilot. This intelligent cruise control system not only maintains your speed relative to traffic flow, it can also help you to stay in your lane — even in curves. What’s more, Drive Pilot can also change lanes for you automatically, with a simple touch of the turn signal lever.
- Rear Seatbelt Air Bags. The innovative Beltbag® air bag system in the rear 3-point seatbelts will inflate in the event of a front collision, distributing the force of impact over a larger area and helping to reduce injury.
New Technology Features
- Touch Control Steering Wheel. The innovative Touch Controls on the 3-spoke steering wheel use smartphone-like touchpads to provide fingertip access to nearly every feature in the cockpit. Access the screen, swipe through menus, select functions — all without ever removing your hands from the wheel.
- Panoramic 12.3-inch Central Display. This high-resolution central display screen is the largest of any vehicle in the category. The high pixel count and fast refresh screen automatically adjusts to ambient light to give the clearest images possible. Another 12.3-inch screen can replace the analog dash gauges with high resolution digital gauges, and a second customizable multi-function display.
New Performance Features
- AIR BODY CONTROL. This advanced adaptive air suspension uses sensors and pressurized air spring struts to adjust to driving conditions in real-time. Through sharp turns and rough road surfaces, it automatically adjusts the suspension firmness and ride-height to meet the changing conditions.
- DYNAMIC SELECT. The multi-mode drive program selector lets a driver choose between four drive modes; ECO, Comfort, Sport and Sport +, with a simple flip of a switch. A fifth drive mode can be customized to meet your individual needs.
via Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa Blog http://ift.tt/2aNAIBE