Ten artificial intelligence stats that will blow you away
Bill Gates recently declared artificial intelligence “the holy grail of computer science.” The industry has made massive strides in recent years and there are even more exciting things ahead. Here are ten incredible statistics about artificial intelligence:
- The AI market will grow from $420 million in 2014 to over $5 billion by the year 2020.
- By 2018, an estimated 6 billion things from appliances to cars to wearable tech will depend on AI technology.
- There are currently more than 1,000 AI start-up companies and a total of $5.4 billion has been invested into them.
- A study by an AI language company found that 80% of executives believed that AI solutions improved worker performance and created new jobs.
- Apple has Siri, Microsoft has Cortana, and Amazon has Alexis, but until recently, the majority of people were never using the personal assistants available to them. Now, only 2% of iPhone users haven’t used Siri.
- By the year 2020, 40% of all mobile interactions between users and personal assistants will be powered by data. That means that AI will enable personal assistants to make decisions for us and not just carry out requests.
- By 2020, 85% of all customer interactions with companies won’t require a human customer service representative as chatbots will be able to use artificial intelligence to solve customers’ problems.
- Over the next decade, artificial intelligence will take over 16% of all U.S. jobs, however, much of that will be offset by the fact that there will be many new jobs created to create and maintain new AI platforms and machines.
- By 2018, the fastest-growing companies will “employ” more smart machines and virtual assistants than humans.
- Artificial intelligence will be powered by GPUs rather than CPUs. Currently, Nvidia’s best GPU, the Tesla K80 is 2–5 times faster than Intel’s leading CPU, the Xeon Phi 7120.
Artificial Intelligence News brought to you by artificialbrilliance.com