5 points to consider when procuring a new Calibration Lab Management Solution!
There is a wide variety of Lab management software available in the market, however, only a few of them fully comply with the international standards such as ISO 17025, FDA 21 CFR Part 11 etc.
Here are a few checks you could apply while evaluating calibration management software before you make a purchase decision.
1. The Lab management software should facilitate easy retrieval of data and information. Interactive dashboards, search enabled pages etc would make a lab technicians life a lot easier.
2. The Lab management software should be validated for installation, performance and operation. Ask the software vendor to give a declaration of validation and the necessary IQ, OQ and PQ documentation to support the claim.
3. The Lab management software architecture should provide a security framework which supports the following
a) Prevent unauthorized access
b) Prevent data tampering and loss
c) Maintain integrity of data and avoid cross-contamination
d) Provide necessary logs for future audits
4. The software should ship with standard operating instructions, user manual, reference data etc and this should be made available to the users of the application at all times.
5. All calculations and data transfers procedures in the system should be checked in an appropriate and systematic manner.
Our team at Metquay Inc constantly update our knowledge base and apply them on our product to make sure Metquay — Calibration, Testing & Asset Management Solution complies with the latest standards and guidelines.
Get in touch with us @ www.metquay.com and signup for a free webinar & trial to understand how Metquay can help you maintain compliance and increase productivity.
Reference: ISO/IEC 17025 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.