20 Effective Proven list building tactics to Build Your email Subscribers
A list of engaged email subscribers is one of the most effective and reliable online marketing resources. A good list building strategy is so valuable that it can’t be bought possibly. Why? Because when subscribers sign up for your list, they’re signing up to hear from you and your company. Subscribers have to be earned. What are the best ways to build a proven email list? We’ve collected the top 20 tactics to share with you.
The permission model allows you to fill your audience with people who are genuinely interested in your brand and what you have to say.
With contact information collected during the possible sign-up process, you can precisely segment your list and design your email communication to suit your reader’s preferences.
As you attract qualified prospect leads, you’ll be able to guide them through the decision-making process by aligning content to specific buying cycle stages.
Take a look at the 20 tactics we’ve collected to help your email list building campaign effectively:
1. Include a sense of urgency with a call to action button. Put a call to action in your submit button, e.g. Sign me up! This makes the email sign-up process more engaging and improves the conversion ratio.
2. Write solution based How To Guide content. Nobody gives up their email address for free. If you want to build a valuable relationship and engage your audience, you need to provide content that is worthwhile and interesting that itch their pain.
3. Throw email sign-up forms on every Web page, Sidebar & Footer. Your sign-up form should be everywhere your potential subscribers are. Make sure it’s visible and easy to fill out, don’t ask too much information, give your audience a great reason to opt in.
4. Leveraging social media traffic to collect email addresses(like Facebook page sign up button). Integrate your sign-up forms with social media platforms. Driving traffic from multiple sources allows you to build a strong email list building campaign much faster.
5. Design your sign-up form that your audience want. Ask only for information you plan to use. A good rule of thumb is that less is more — the shorter the sign-up form, the higher the conversion rate.
6. Encourage happy subscribers to share your content. Take the time to prepare valuable, shareable content. Remember that putting the social share buttons is not enough; you still need to ask your subscribers to use them.
TIP: If you are using WordPress as your blogging tool, you should useOnePress Social Locker. It helps increase social media presence by asking visitors “to share to unlock” for your content with a Tweet, Plus one, or a Facebook Like.
8. Share part of your good insider’s content. Let your subscribers know what they are signing up for. Use your insider’s content samples to “sell” the email sign-up process.
9. Guest Post on relevant Authority Blogs. Publishing your engaging content on other blogs is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers in your industry and introduce yourself to new people. Include an anchor backlink to your article, and your blog’s search rankings will go up.
TIP: Use ‘Google Alert’ to set up the terms like ‘guest blog post’, ‘guest post’, ‘write for us’, ‘guest posting guidelines’ to monitor live updates of guest post opportunities.
10. Giveaway digital Freebies(Free is a powerful term in psychology). Think of a relevant incentive for your audience (e-book, report, tools, infographic, white paper) and provide it for free. Your audience needs a sound reason to give away their contact info.
11. Write engaging content regularly. Great content brings more traffic on search results. Develop a realistic content publishing schedule and stick to it.
TIP: You can go to BuzzSumo.com to find viral popular content ideas. Always write down the good content ideas that trigger from your mind while you are browsing online for later use.
12. Marketing your list building campaign at offline events. Be ready to collect email addresses at trade shows and conferences. Ask for business cards or use the Mobile Sign Up Forms to instantly add people to your email marketing list.
13. Publish eye-catching landing pages. Create a squeeze page where visitors can download premium content in exchange for their email address. A dedicated web page helps users focus on the call to action focus and increases conversions.
14. Include Real Testimonials to drive more sign up. Social proof helps build trust toward a brand and its products. Use testimonials from satisfied customers to help visitors make a decision.
15. Build massive content distribution channels. Producing great content is only half the battle. Make sure it’s visible to the right audience. Define who your ideal audience is and find out where they like to hang out online. Then choose communication channels accordingly.
16. A-B Testing your landing pages. Analytics is important for any online marketing campaign, you should design two landing pages, test it to find out which one is performing better on sign up conversion rate.
TIP: You can also check the traffic analytics that the email marketing tool you used.
Use ‘Google Analytics’ for your ultimate online marketing campaign report.
17. Time control Popup Form. With GetResponse email marketing tool, you can design a sign-up popup email form, control the timing of when do you want the popup form to show up.
Simply log in to GetResponse.com free account, go to ‘Forms’ ‘Create Form’ ‘List Builder Apps’, then choose for either ‘Download Box’ ‘Sign-up Box’ ’Share Box’.
18. Mouse scroll down Trigger Form. Sometimes the Popup form could be annoying to your audience. So the better alternative way is to use the mouse scroll down method to show your form, you can control the percentage scroll down of the full page to show your form.
TIP: Check out the article: 4 Ways to Make Pop-ups Less Annoying!
19. Advertise with your ‘Facebook Lead Generation Ad‘.
TIP: Make sure that the call-to-action accurately conveys to the user what they will be doing.
Call To Action (Optional)
Add a call-to-action button to tell people what you want them to do when they see your ad.
20. Get email marketing virtual assistant help from Fiverr.com, do a search on Fiverr.com terms like ‘email list building‘, at the left Sidebar, narrow your search of ‘email marketing‘, you can find some decent help there.
Want to learn more to get started?
Now you know a handful of great email list building tactics to build one of the most effective online marketing assets — your email marketing list.
Want more? Check out the new GetResponse.com List Building Program, available free to anyone with a GetResponse.com account — even a 30-Day Free Trial account.
The email marketing software is pretty easy to use and configure, on-demand live chat support team, it covers the most email design tools that help you get the job done with a couple button clicks.
Sign up 30 days risk-free trial account (No credit card required. No surprises. Just results.)
After you sign up the free account, you can always live chat with the support team.
Contact me if you encounter any problems when using the GetResponse email marketing software?