Benefits of Career Development & Counseling
- The average person will spend more than 80,000 hours of your life working. It’s important that that time is spent doing something you enjoy
- Career counseling helps you learn more about yourself and thus enable you to make realistic decisions regarding your career path.
- Career counseling better prepares individuals for the workforce by helping them face and find solutions and career barriers.
- Individuals who have completed career counseling and development have more confidence in themselves and are more motivated to achieve their goals.
- Companies typically see a higher level of commitment and better retention from employees who have had career counseling.
- Companies are more likely to hire individuals that had prior career counseling and development.
- Career development and counseling often allows for a shorter path to the primary labor market for young workers.
- Studies have shown that there is lower incidence in work-related stress and depression in individuals that experienced career counseling.