CRITICAL FAILURES YOU MUST AVOID AS A CHRISTIAN
Fellowship Failure: Jeremiah. 10:20–21, John 15:1–8, 1 John 1:1–7
This is when a minister gives more attention to other things except an active fellowship and relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
This is the mother of all failures. Any believer that will make it from here to eternity must make time for quality fellowship with the Father.
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
For us to abide in Him effectively we must fellowship with him daily, Fellowship in the Greek term means KOINONIA which means an intimate fellowship and relationship. This is where we receive grace to be transformed and conformed to his image .David caught this truth in
Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
This is one of the truths in the heart of David that made him a man after Gods heart. David cherished being in God’s presence to fellowship than any other place. We must make this a priority if things will be in shape in our lives.
Common reasons for fellowship failures are;
· Poor time management
· Over reliance of gifts and special ability
Samson toiled with immorality until he got to Delilah who ruined him, you cannot be toiling with sin as a Christian and expect a good fellowship with God in any way scriptures says.
He violated all the special instructions concerning his consecration to God through self indulgence, he will only call on God when there is a state of emergency and he relied solely on his gifts and ability and not the giver of the gift Himself.
These are crimes that many believers in this time are guilty of and must deal with if we must prove God to this generation as we should.
We must stay connected to our source if we will not suffer spiritual fatigue and losses. To come out of fellowship failure we must do the following:
1. Genuinely repent of not seeking God the way we should.
2. Wait upon the Lord for genuine fire of revival
3. Feed on quality and balanced spiritual diet ( Not only on Motivational messages only)”
4. Deal with besetting sins in your life and stop feeding it.
5. Submit yourself for discipleship/mentoring and learn obedience to God at all cost.
6. Deal with any faulty foundation affecting you devotion to God
7. Cultivate a worship lifestyle through the discipline of waiting in His presence
1. Any habit that is causing failure in my fellowship with God, die in Jesus name.
2. Let my appetite for God and His presence supersede every other appetite in my heart in Jesus name.
3. Holy Spirit help me to know beauty and great satisfaction that you alone can give in Jesus name.
4. Anything in my foundation disconnecting me from Jesus, leave me alone and die in Jesus name.
Like David in Psalm 27:4 every pastor must make the seeking of God a priority.