ResMed is one of the greatest and most trustworthy providers of CPAP equipment and accessories. The company continuously strives to offer the best quality products to its users, with a huge emphasis on innovation, comfort and therapy compliance. They have a wide range of full face masks, but their latest addition to the portfolio is the AirFit F30, which is a minimal contact full face mask promising the best of comfort. The AirFit F20 is also a full face mask provided by ResMed, which is basically the predecessor of the F30 mask. So let’s check out the main similarities and differences between these two models of masks so that you can make a well-informed decision.
AirFit F20 Full Face Mask by ResMed
AirFit F20 is a unique and innovative full face mask which offers an open visibility to users. This means patients can sit up in bed and read or watch TV without obstructions in their field of vision. Thanks to the InfinitySeal cushion, this will adapt to the unique facial contours of the user providing a comfortable yet highly secure seal. It is important to mention that the cushion helps in providing a highly secure seal even at the highest pressures.
AirFit F20 has a lightweight mask design. The mask feels incredibly light on the face, and this helps patients become quickly compliant with required therapy. The fact that users do not feel their mask “heavy”, they will not put up with feelings of claustrophobia. The mask also has a Quick Release elbow with Air Diffuser and a Headgear with magnetic clips so that users can put on and take off the mask quickly and efficiently whenever needed.
Top Highlights & Specifications
- The lightweight design and the quick assembly of the mask help patients become therapy compliant even from the first use. This mask is highly recommended for first-time therapy users who need the best of comfort and less intimidating mask designs
- No forehead support- allows patients to wear glasses without any problems. Again this is a highly recommended full face mask for patients who need to wear glasses.
- Thanks to the innovative InfinitySeal cushion, the mask provides the best fit without that feeling of tightness. Regardless of the used pressure, the mask will not cause facial marks or irritations. High comfort, lightness, flexibility and great performance are only a few of the best characteristics of the AiirFit F20 full face mask by ResMed.
- Circular Vent Diffusion- for a quiet exhalation cycle. This way both patient and bed partner can get a restful and uninterrupted night of sleep. The Quick Elbow release allows users to quickly disconnect the mask from the tubing, without having to take off their mask. Particularly helpful feature when patients need to go to the bathroom during the night for example. Start or Stop therapy whenever you wish, without even needing to touch the mask itself.
- Magnetic Clips feature — very good feature for patients with a lower dexterity in their hands. They can easily attach/detach the mask with great ease.
AirFit F30 Full Face Mask by ResMed
AirFit F30 is ResMed’s first minimal contact full face mask. It is an extremely comfortable and highly efficient mask, which is highly suitable for mouth breathers, or for patients who need a feeling of security and high performance during therapy. When compared to top leading minimal contact masks available on the market:
- Up to 80% of the users in a clinical study reported that AirFit F30 was much easier to use than other leading masks
- Up to 60% of the patients reported that they have experienced a more stable fit and a more reliable seal with the AirFit F30
- Based on published performance studies, AirFit F30 is much quieter than other leading masks — 21dB vs. ~32dBA noise levels
AirFit F30 is one of the lightest masks available on the market. It is also a minimal contact mask, which means that the mask comes in contact with your facial skin in minimally required points. Thanks to this feature, patients can now wake up fully refreshed and energized without red marks, irritations or soreness around the nasal area.
- Universal Headgear- there is a one size fits all headgear for the AirFit F30. The headgear is extremely durable yet highly flexible. It basically molds following your unique facial structure in order to offer you the best fit with less tightness
- Quiet Air Vent System- AirFit F30 features the QuietAir ventilation system which disperses smoothly and evenly the exhaled air. This results into both patient and bed partner enjoying a quiet and uninterrupted night of sleep. Patients will never wake up again because of the noise caused by the mask’s vent system, while bed partners will not be bothered by the exhaled air touching their face.
- UltraCompact Cushion- AirFit F30 is equipped with an UltraCompact cushion. This cushion helps to provide an extremely secure fit and maximum comfort. The cushion helps to prevent any red marks or irritations around the nasal area. The cushion is soft and comfortable, yet providing a highly secure fit and the perfect seal.
Even though AirFit F30 is a truly minimalistic full face mask, it has an extremely modern look and provides patients with the best of comfort even at the highest required pressures. Patients can become quickly compliant with required therapy and this mask is even highly recommended for first-time therapy users. Full face masks that cause red marks, irritations and provide only average seal will make patients use their required therapy only scarcely. Also, many patients report that full face masks feel claustrophobic and in order to get the best seal these masks need to be tight.
The good news is that AirFit F30 is indeed minimalistic in looks and design, yet it provides the best seal without the tightness and uncomfortable feeling caused by some full face masks. AirFit F30 by ResMed will be available later this year, so if you are interested in purchasing it track the product launch progress.
You can buy the Resmed Airfit F30 Mask at: https://www.sleeprestfully.com/AirFit-F30-Full-Face-Mask/