Tyre pyrolysis plant project report
Tyre pyrolysis plant
Pyrolysis plant is renewable energy generation system. Pyrolysis plants are designed to generate quality fuel from polymer waste. Pyrolysis system or pyrolysis plant is an industry for conversion of waste and tyre into usable products like:
1. Pyrolysis oil(Fuel oil)
2. Carbon black
3. Steel wire
4. Hydrocarbon gas
Tyre pyrolysis plant can process raw material
Waste tyre pyrolysis plant raw material
Rubber or rubber parts from vehicles
Mixed (HDPE, LDPE, PE, PP, Nylon, Teflon, PS,ABS,FRP etc)
Plastic disposable bottle
The choice of feedstock and process (mainly operating temperature) can affect the value of the finished products
Tyre pyrolysis plant working process
Pyrolysis is the chemical decomposition of organic materials by heating in the absence of oxygen or any other reagents, except possibly steam.
1. Pyrolysis can be used to reprocess the tyres into fuel oil, fuel gas, solid residue (steel wire)
and carbon black.
2. The waste tyres are mainly composed of long chain of C-H molecules.
3. Under normal process conditions the heat transfer will be done by radiation.
4. The technology of pyrolysis, cracking, and monomerisation of used tyres is always a hot topic
End-of-life tyres contain a lot of chemical bound energy.
As a result of pyrolysis of waste tyres one obtains: high-energy gas, Pyrolysis oils, carbon black and steel wire. The ratios of the first three products depend on process conditions, mainly on temperature.
1. The pyrolysis method for recycling used tyres is a technique, which heats whole or shredded
tyres in a reactor vessel containing an oxygen free atmosphere and a heat source.
2. In the reactor the rubber is softened after which the rubber polymers continuously breakdown into smaller molecules.
3. These smaller molecules eventually vaporize and exit from the reactor.
4. These vapors can be burned directly to produce power or condensed into an oily type liquid, generally used as a fuel.
5. Some molecules are too small to condense. They remain as a gas, which can be burned as fuel.
6. The minerals that were part of the tyre, about 40 to 45 % by weight, are removed as a solid.
7. When performed well a tyre pyrolysis process is a very clean operation and has nearly no emissions or waste.
8. The properties of the gas, liquid and solid output are determined by the type of feedstock used and the process conditions.
9. For instance, whole tyres contain fibers and steel. Shredded tyres have most of the steel and sometimes most of the fiber removed.
10. Batch wise Process is done by tyre pyrolysis.
11.The steel can be removed from the solid stream with magnets for recycling. The remaining solid material often referred to as “charcoal”.
Pyrolysis oil (Fuel oil — 40 to 45%)
Fuel oil application
1. The essential product of tyre pyrolysis process is pyrolysis oil referred as fuel oil (40 to 45 % of total quantity feed) which is used as a fuel component for heating in fire chamber. Pyrolysis oil has flash Point between 60 to 93.3 °C.
2. Purest quality of pyrolysis oil comparable to industrial diesel: selling price comparable to industrial diesel LDO( light diesel oil)
Carbon Black(30 to 35%)
Carbon black application
1. The vital product of pyrolysis plant is carbon black referred as “charcoal”(30 to 35% of total quantity feed).carbon black has Industrial and commercial use.
Steel wire(15 to 20%)
1. For instance, whole tyres contain fibers and steel. Shredded tyres have most of the steel and sometimes most of the fiber removed.
2. The steel wire(15 to 20%) can be removed from the carbon black with magnets for recycling after pyrolysis process & sold to the steel dealer
Hydrocarbon Gas(5 to 8%)
4. The smaller molecules eventually vaporize and exit from the reactor. These vapors can be burned directly to produce power or condensed into an oily type liquid, generally used as a fuel. Some molecules are too small to condense. They remain as a gas (5 to 8% of total quantity feed) which can be burned as fuel.
Advantages of pyrolysis plants
1. Purest quality of pyrolysis oil as finished product.
2. Use of green technology to achieve environment friendly processes.
3. Automatic safely valve (pressure and temperature valve) use to improve safely,
profitability & ease of operation.
4. Industry is energy self-sufficient.
5. No external fuel required for heating
Benefits of pyrolysis plant
1. Recover energy and value from waste in form of fuel, steel wire and charcoal.
2. Reduce tyre land pollution.
3. Eco-friendly recycling of tyre.
4. Commercially viable process.
5. Product is used as substitute to LDO/furnace oil.
6. Perfect solution for polymer waste management.
7 Raw material available.