— why share words?
I’m super super reluctant of people reading what I write. A lot of it has to do with pride and irrational fears:
- I always want to sound articulate and intelligent.
- I’m scared of being vulnerable with people. It’s hard to share my weaknesses and failures with people who are not my very close friends.
- I’m an English major- if my words are subpar, everyone will think I’m a FAKE and trash talk me. Does she even know basic sentence structure?! (My imagination goes into overdrive sometimes).
Despite these two complications, I decided to share my own experiences in the form of writing for a few reasons:
- Sometimes it’s awkward to talk about God with people even if you know them fairly well. Hopefully putting some words out there will help alleviate that. Message me and hang out with me and talk with me! Be my friend! I say this in a non-desperate manner. I think.
- I haven’t shared my testimony (the part of it I wrote about at least) with many people. But I think I should because IT IS THE GREATEST MIRACLE OF MY LIFE, you know? I once heard someone say they wished that their testimony was more interesting. But every testimony’s freaking amazing! How can you get more interesting than JESUS DYING FOR YOUR SINS AND GOD SHOWING YOU HIS GRACE DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY? The gospel is always beautiful.
So yeah, I may not be the best writer or have the most striking things to say, but fear of people’s judgement shouldn’t keep me from sharing how God has worked and continues to work in my life with y’all. Y’all being whoever reads this. Peace and love always!