Psychology of Everyday Life: What psychological tricks and hacks are useful to know?
Have you already heard of psychology of every day life? If not, you are really missing. The following points are a few state-of-mind tricks that are commonly useful to build a worthy, positive and motivated attitude towards everyday life.
- Maintain a positive thinking. This is more than just actual thoughts. It’s more like an attitude towards life. Allow things to happen without stress.
- Do some meditation from time to time. Turn your mind off for a few minutes and let it be. You can achieve this also by doing some activity that shuts down your thoughts, such as drawing or taking a walk.
- Always do your best. To keep motivated, psychology of everyday life suggests draining the juice from everything you do. Specially the little moments. Say, this is the best cup of tea I could have right now. Enjoy the current situation instead of worrying about the final destination.
- Observe your feelings. Ask yourself often why you feel certain emotions that are corresponding to certain situations. This helps you to know you better and what you want or need.
- Keep in mind that absolutely nothing is permanent. Not even the things that seem the most reliable. Everything is always on the move and you should too. That way, you’ll feel lighter, maybe even unattached and free of the things you don’t really need.
- Organize your thoughts. You’re in control of your mind, not the other way around. If there are things that keep you awake at night or just stress you out, tell them to keep quiet until you decide how to deal with it. Otherwise, the little problems can drive you crazy. Remember stress never solves actual problems. Only your intellect can and in order to do that, you must maintain a cold mind.
- Shakespeare once said, “Listen to many, speak to few”. Think properly before you speak or act about something. This world is full of people who talk too much without fully understanding the consequences of their speech.
- And last but not least, with using the knowledge of psychology of everyday life at the same time try to remember that the best work you’ll ever do is working on you. If you keep a favorable mentality, you’ll learn to accept your reality for what it is and that’s a valuable key for happiness and well-being.
Originally published at Miha Matlievski — Fail Coach.