MHF Consultative Committee Minutes 27 June 2017
By Michael Wright
Following a request from an MHF Operator, I have decided to reproduce the minutes of MHF Consultative Committee meetings here. I have de-identified the minutes and formatted them to fit Medium.
Actions from previous meeting — 21 March 2016
- Union Representative Feedback:
It will be appreciated if the report can show the best practices under some key MHF performance indicators. A spider-web diagram might be a good idea
- Union Representative feedback:
MHF operators in all jurisdictions faced the challenges of keeping skill competence and resources. It would be grateful if the report can provide a more in-depth analysis about the billable assessment hours.
- ‘Officer’ duties and SafeWork powers under s155.
SafeWork NSW — Regulator update
- SafeWork RoadMap progress.
- Hazardous chemicals and materials exposure baseline project.
- Draft list — Top 10 chemicals.
- SIG explosives update.
MHF — SafeWork NSW Regulator Update
- Introduced new team members.
- The last newsletters received very good responses (more than 500 views of the articles).
- There is a need to increase MHF base fee (annual fee) this year.
- 12 Post licence-verification (PLV) were undertaken this year. The PLV program is currently under review.
- In general operator’s Conditions of Licence (COL) submissions were not satisfactory. MHF staff will work with licensees to improve the quality of submissions and make COLs clearer.
- Some MHF’s have already entered the second round licence cycle. It is expected SafeWork will complete the assessment in a shorter time-frame to the first cycle.
- Presentation on Adashi, the communications platform used by FRNSW in emergency response.
- The phasing out of fire-fighting foam (PFAS) in MHF’s and the EPA project — three phases
- Updates are available on the EPA website.
NSW Police Update
- Overview of security plan (SP) assessment processes.
- NSW Police will work closely with the operators in providing assistance and guidelines, including a SP guidance document to operators regarding the resources available, the assessment processes and other useful information.
Actions from this meeting
- Members to provide written feedback to SafeWork re the AMOG report and/or feedback on the WHS Act/Regs in preparation for the 2018 review of WHS laws.
- Send chemical scoring sheet (Hazardous Chemicals and Materials Exposure — Baseline project) to members.
- Publish the MHF meeting minutes (personal information de-identified).