2015 in One Post. Literally.
The year of Back to the Future is over. Marty and Doc’s universe featured Hoverboards that, well, hovered, rather than the scooters that exist in our world. But Star Wars came back. And so did Mad Max and Jurassic Park. While I didn’t write as much here as I would have liked (this one post at the eleventh hour), I helped out at Banished to the Pen and The Sports Post. The Red Sox didn’t make it easy to follow baseball this year.
So to correct for that, a series of picks, in no particular order, to sum up the year twenty-fifteen…
Was #TheDress your favorite meme of 2015? https://t.co/DG6mDVOl7c | #BlackAndBlue #WhiteAndGold pic.twitter.com/9EPithtvVN
— Culturalist (@Culturalist) December 30, 2015
- #TheDress is blue and black.
- Best board game I played this year: 7 Wonders
- Great music: Scott Bradlee and the Postmodern Jukebox
Red Sox outlast Yankees in 19-inning marathon http://t.co/sL7E8VJVDx pic.twitter.com/ndRbexJLv7
— WCVB-TV Boston (@WCVB) April 11, 2015
- The Red Sox had a disappointing season, but won a 19-inning marathon
- More music: the final show of Sheezer is a good listen (if Weezer cover bands are your thing)
- I watched the original Terminator for the first time
- And watched the Patriots win another Super Bowl
- Upgraded my phone to the Nexus 6P, the first Android phone that really doesn’t feel like compromising from an iPhone
- The Toronto Blue Jays had one heck of a 7th inning
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (it was good!)
- Caught up on the Star Wars Minute podcast
- And discovered Back to the Future Minute
- I went to the NEAIR conference in Burlington, Vermont and did some unique sightseeing.
A photo posted by Mike Carlucci (@mikegcarlucci) on Oct 31, 2015 at 8:01am PDT
- Switched from a MacBook to a Chromebook Pixel (great hardware, keyboard.)
- Played a lot of Rocket League
- Sold my car and subscribed to ZipCar
- Kept reading the Joe Sheehan Newsletter. If you like baseball, subscribe.
- Baseball book of the year: Molly Knight’s The Best Team Money Can Buy
- Quote of the year: “It’s true. All of it.” — Han Solo
- Found out the the Clone Wars cartoon is everything the prequels could have been.
- I finally won my fantasy baseball league…only took 10 years!